G36C Questions
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: G36C Questions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default G36C Questions

Folks
    i am a newbie here in this formum. but i am reading since a long time your posts.
    now i am since half a year a hk g36k owner ( very proud of). but i like very much the g36c version. now i was able to buy almost all parts to convert it. but i have to shorten the barrel. now my question:
    somebody knows the original gas port size (dia.) which i have to drill? and may also the excact location (that means where measured from the top and end of the barrel). i can drill it only once.

Thanks for your help!
    Adrian

H&K Certified Armorer
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkg36c View Post
    Folks
    i am a newbie here in this formum. but i am reading since a long time your posts.
    now i am since half a year a hk g36k owner ( very proud of). but i like very much the g36c version. now i was able to buy almost all parts to convert it. but i have to shorten the barrel. now my question:
    somebody knows the original gas port size (dia.) which i have to drill? and may also the excact location (that means where measured from the top and end of the barrel). i can drill it only once.

Thanks for your help!
    Adrian
    Is your K barrel a factory K barrel?

If so, you may not be able to move the gas block back. Although I have not taken exact measurements, from doing SL8 barrel conversion I suspect you may run into the following issues...

1) Early K barrels with the "round" gas block style... the ID of the block is more than likely just slightly larger than the OD of the barrel. If so, I would VERY strongly not recommend sleeving it.

2) Later K barrels with the "block" gas block style... the ID of the block is too small so the muzzle end OD will be too small for proper FH friction, although you can develop an alternate menthod to lock the FH in place.

For $375 plus return shipping, I can convert an SL8 barrel to C spec. If your K barrel is factory, you could sell it, ship me an SL8 barrel for proper conversion and still have $$ left in your pocket.

In any event, here are the measurements you are looking for...

Gas port hole 0.0790"
    Gas port hole center from muzzle 1.2550" (approx.)

** I don't have long enough mics here at home to measure from the breech.

When I convert barrels, I measure (and verify) placement of the gas block first and then center the gas port hole based on that. That way I am guaranteed that the gas port hole is correctly aligned with the gas block. My measurements are based on moving an SL8 gas block so what I have will probably do you no good (assuming you have a factory K barrel).

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Chopstix Kid; 01-11-2010 at 10:08 AM.
    Dakota Tactical (07/C2)
    H&K Certified Armorer
    B&T Master Dealer
    Roller Locks Made Right(TM)

Looking for a Nanuk case?
    Enjoy 15% off site wide at Hidden Content
    Use code: JSTOP15

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

War does not determine who is right - only who is left. ~ Bertrand Russell

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks a lot for the quick and very helpful answer. it is a german factory K barrel as the hole gun is. I loved to send you a sl8 barrel to convert it, the problem is, i don't live in the USA. i am from switzerland and here in europe it is impossible to find some parts or buyer for spare parts because there are nearly no g36 on the market. i have to convert it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would bet someone here would sell/trade an SL8 barrel for a G36k barrel..

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hami View Post
    I would bet someone here would sell/trade an SL8 barrel for a G36k barrel..
    count me in!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm not sure that barrels shorter than 16" are importable into the United Stated by mere mortals. Also the export of barrels from the United States requires a permit from the US Department of State, and is limited to barrels longer than 16". Just informing everyone, as this is a topic that frequently comes up among Canadians that look over the border with desire for parts from the US. It's doable, but very annoying and time consuming to legally export barrels from the US. Illegally? Well, I wouldn't recommend it, as I hear BATFAE likes to play hard with what they consider smugglers, but what is the difference between a pipe and a barrel?

For someone from Switzerland, it might be best to look elsewhere for these parts as the United States has some of the strictest export regulations for arms in the world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, i am sure that someone would be glad to trade/buy my complete g36k front end incl. handguard and stock but i know well the laws in the USA and it is like oenone wrote, very hard to export/import barrels to the USA. shorter than 16" --> nearly impossible! so it's like i said, i have to convert it. some other helpful infos to convert a 36k to 36c?

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You could try trading with someone in Canada. It would be legal under Canadian law. I have seen people looking for factory short G36 barrels on the Canadian sites. Try Canadian Gun Nuts. (you will usually find me there also)
    SL8/G36 (custom conversion), USC/UMP5 (custom conversion), HK45, P2000 V1, SPF9-SF, HK78, HKP2A1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, I'd trade an SL8 barrel for a G36k barrel, but I'm not sure the other person would be getting fair value.

I know that if I get an SL8 barrel from my dealer (Wolverine) it's cost is "1099.00$ CAD plus shipping and tax (5%). Delivery will be 3-4 months. The H&K factory also requires the serial # of the rifle to stamp the barrel", and a G36k barrel in the US is about the same, I recall.

How much are barrels in the US?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

to CNADNSL8-5:
    thanks for the info. i try to register on canadian gunnutz and will try to sell/trade the g36K front end there. but i do have no idea about canadien gun laws. i hope i will not do something stupid. in which thread i can post it? what do you guess, i can ask for a complete (barrel, gas block, op rod ... handguard) german factory g36k front end in v.g. condition?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links