HKPRO Forums banner

HK 91 22lr conversion kit

10K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  SOLgardener 
#1 ·
I have a couple good questions about HK 91 22lr conversion kit. Does it function well? What should the cost be for a kit in good condition. Will the kit work with a Sear pack? Where can I find a kit to buy?

#2 ·
I had a few hiccups when I got mine, but after a couple hundred rounds of cci mini mag, it will now devour Federal. Most people don't really have any problems so it may have been my kit. Right now they run about 500 bucks. And yeah it will run with a sear, 20 round mag dumps are fun and cheap with .22. It definitely causes you to pull the 91 out of the safe more often due to the cost of .308. Point of impact is different so I wound recommend a scope. Also, bazooka bros now make mags for it as well, they also make an adapter unit to use the american 180 drum mags. Those go all the way up to 275 rds, cool.

#3 ·
Yes the kits work well. Cost like RonT said is about $500 bucks +. The kit will work with a sear pack. Note that there are two types of .22 kit for Hk.308 rifles. One kit is for a Hk91, the other is for the G3. Both kits will work with a sear, but the Hk91 kits are out there in much fewer numbers and as a result will comand a higher premium. The surplus G3 .22 kits will work fine in a Hk91 with or without a sear. Shoot me an e-mail and I can e-mail you some pics that illustrate the differences. My e-mail is: hkneverSPAMSUXcompromise@gmail.com Knock out the SPAMSUX to contact me. There are several companies online that offer the G3 .22 kits: one is Hkparts.net the other is RobertRTG.com. The Hk91 .22 kits are usually found on gunbroker, but again be prepared to pay crazy money for one.

HTH

#4 ·
Information is for the HK93/33 conversion kit (not for HK91/G3), but gives you a good idea of how they work, reliability, and components;

http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41944

Had mine out a few weekends ago and managed to somehow shear the rear 'e-clip' that holds the recoil spring buffer and recoil spring in position. When firing it, I noticed suddenly that the bolt would not go forward, and removed the rear stock, whereby I found the plastic spacer, broken e-clip, recoil buffer spring (big, short one), and the recoil spring (long, thin one) rattling around inside. This weekend, I'll be headed to the hardware store to locate an appropriate e-clip to replace it. I figure I have somewhere around 1500-2000 rounds of .22LR through the kit so far, and who knows how many were put through it prior to me owning it. All totaled, I'd guess it around 4k-5k rounds, based on wear patterns.

They definitely make shooting these guns more economical.

#5 ·
I had issues using a 91 kit (the 91 kit is different from G3 kit) in my PTR and after comparing it to my Factory 91, I determined that the issue was the PTR-made hammer: It is flat at its top and the HK Factory hammer is convex. This makes a difference because the flat hammer slightly hits the lower side of the carrier and thus does not get a clear and hard hit on the pin. It is an easy fix: I ground my PTR hammer down to match a G3 hammer.

#6 ·
Numrich had them about 3 mos ago for $519. I picked one up from them and it was in like new condition. A couple scratches on only one of the mags from insertion. Other than that, it looked brand new. Mine will be running in my G3K as soon as it all comes back from TSC..... ;)

#7 ·
As others are saying the 91 kit is more expensive than the G3 kit (which should be about $400). As far as this working with a sear, I believe someone here had posted a vid of them running a 22 conversion kit on their 91 in full auto. Pretty neat.

Kits can be bought here if one of the members is willing to part with theirs. Pop up from time to time on Gunbroker and other places.

#10 ·
I had one cut down for a dedicated .22lr 51k. Works great with high powered ammo but needs a suppressor for the lower powered stuff.

#15 ·
Diesel,

I can't wait until I figure out how to post a video of my "mini-dragon" spitting out brass.

Took me long enough to figure out how to post pix:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.