CA DOJ HK94's - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: CA DOJ HK94's

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Of the supposed DOJ guns I've seen 2 were like new with almost no internal wear and one had maybe a couple thousand rounds down the pipe. All 3 looked like they had light range use and or rough arms room handling but that's about it. Most probably weren't babied like the majority of civvie 94's were but if you're doing a MP5 conversion or planning on a refinish anyway it really shouldn't matter too much. That's not to say some didn't get shot a lot but when you're looking at a service life in the 6 figures I don't know how much it would really matter.

Since they came onto the market they have generally brought lower prices than their civvie counterparts unless they were in the small number that were really LNIB then the price is on par. Visually the only differnaces I noticed were an MP5K style rear sight and electric pencil writing on a couple with a rack number. As AGG mentioned also I believe these had the 16 flute chambers as well.

As an aside, I think AGG has quite possibly won the award for the most annoying font in the history of the internet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have one and it is a dream to shoot. Yes the pencil markings are a distraction, but I bought it to shoot so my safe queen 94 can rest. If you buy one you will not be able to tell one apart from a pre 89 other than the date code and the markings.
    always be prepared

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Hey... AGG thinks it's cool and that's what he likes, so...

I have to tell you, ALL the Kalif DOJ guns I ever saw looked like they were dragged on a chain behind a pickup for awhile. Seriously, how the hell do guns get that screwed up by just tossing them in the trunk? That said, I think my bud with the registered trigger boxes still has a handful of DOJ guns for sale, too.
    45acp... turning human garbage into useful fertilizer since 1911

Auf gebeginning to fixin der gun mit grosse busen of der schpritzin lubrication allen over derfukin platz, mit das squirtin and squeezin oil in allen fukinholes.
    Ja, und racken und strokin das bolt as if gecrazygoing, yanken dat handle bak und forth, zwei hunnert times, ja?
    Ist neue, und its needing some brekkin in.
    Zo, BREKKIN ZEFUKIN THING IN!

Certified MM leghumper...

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered Mind View Post
    Hey... AGG thinks it's cool and that's what he likes, so...

I have to tell you, ALL the Kalif DOJ guns I ever saw looked like they were dragged on a chain behind a pickup for awhile. Seriously, how the hell do guns get that screwed up by just tossing them in the trunk? That said, I think my bud with the registered trigger boxes still has a handful of DOJ guns for sale, too.
    Thanks, brother!!!
    Not really for the cool effect--- just for emphasis.

Tony

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Point taken guys...

I work in the armpit of the world for some .gov types who get paid more than me to sit in meetings. You wouldn’t believe how bad most of our guns look after just 5-6 years of use. They don't get shot too often any more but just the amount of finish wear is amazing. Ever seen a Glock with 1/8" of material WORN away from holster wear? How about an M4 receiver with a 1/4" gash worn in it from a SLING? Carry wear doesn't surprise me too often any more but sometimes....

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My DOJ gun was 99% when I got it for $2400 from Gordon a while back. I think he might have had them refinished, although at that price I'm really not sure.
    No etchings, not bumps or bruises at all, the only way you could tell it was DOJ was the rear sight.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

Wonder where a NIB w/all (cardboard/styrofoam), HK94 ("KB/91"/"non-DOC") would be valued???

Tony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This thread sure got hijacked. Oh well, thought someone might know the answer.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by serapis View Post
    Just a curious question; since the California DOJ HK94's were imported post 1989, did the ATF ever put anything out in writing saying they were ok with being available for civilian sales?
    There was certainly some type of written approval given by the BATF given to the company (maybe HK?) that released them. I've seen our heard of nothing given to the public, though.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by edman99 View Post
    There was certainly some type of written approval given by the BATF given to the company (maybe HK?) that released them. I've seen our heard of nothing given to the public, though.
    You are correct--- as I stated earlier, HK (Sterling, VA.) was allowed to retain 200-300 (in addition to those transferred to the CA DOC) for civilian resale!!!
    Good luck acquiring the paperwork from HK--- may be easier to obtain from BATFE.

Tony

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links