Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: CA DOJ HK94's

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SudS View Post
    Opps, I meant '91, the KB date codes.
    I thought you meant the 1989 ban--- yes--- the 1991's (KB's) are very desirable, especially if non-CA DOC!!!
    Pertaining to the KB's (420 total), my understanding is as follows:

1. HK retained 110 for civilian sales (HK94 rear sights/A3 stocks) for dealer sales in the U.S. (distributors were DSA and R-Guns);
    2. CA DOC returned 310 to HK for resale in 2004.

Tony
    Last edited by AGG; 05-11-2017 at 04:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Now that, is cool SudS, thanks. Is the barrel shroud shown a currently available part?

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Melvin View Post
    Now that, is cool SudS, thanks. Is the barrel shroud shown a currently available part?
    Not my gun, but yes, it's cool.

There are several types of shrouds here:

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/view...82&viewAll=yes

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Of course , some of you guys have not noticed any rack numbers or electo penciled markings because I would guess that most have been refinished before you bought them . Did you guys pick them up at your local law enforcement center or did you pick them up at your FFL of choice ? Nothing wrong with refinishing but it does hurt value on any firearm . Shoot the heck out of them and be happy .

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SudS View Post
    Looking to see how high the serial numbers go? I've heard of 94s in the 16000s.
    I bought one of the Cal DOJ guns from Eric at Lakeside Machine in 2008. It was unissued, brand new in the box and was NOT refinished. It looked like it had just come from the factory, not a scratch on it and no LE markings. Serial number is 43-16326.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maxfaxdude View Post
    I bought one of the Cal DOJ guns from Eric at Lakeside Machine in 2008. It was unissued, brand new in the box and was NOT refinished. It looked like it had just come from the factory, not a scratch on it and no LE markings. Serial number is 43-16326.
    Damn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Eric at Lakeside made all those .22 cal belt fed ar15 uppers if I recall ? Very nice quality . Eric used to offer Parkerizing services and I bet he could also use Norrels , Gunkote or Duracoat as well . Yours very well may be a true factory hk finish and all I am trying to point out is the HK black finish is really basic and easy to reproduce [ other than the gray version] . Buyer beware on any " original " that is being sold on the market . I have refinished for the past 20 + years and don't want anyone to get burned .
    Last edited by Jerod; 05-12-2017 at 03:39 AM. Reason: spelling

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jerod View Post
    Eric at Lakeside made all those .22 cal belt fed ar15 uppers if I recall ? Very nice quality . Eric used to offer Parkerizing services and I bet he could also use Norrels , Gunkote or Duracoat as well . Yours very well may be a true factory hk finish and all I am trying to point out is the HK black finish is really basic and easy to reproduce [ other than the gray version] . Buyer beware on any " original " that is being sold on the market . I have refinished for the past 20 + years and don't want anyone to get burned .
    Actually, Eric brokered the deal from a private seller in the nearby area. It was new, absolutely no wear on any of the parts.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jerod View Post
    Of course , some of you guys have not noticed any rack numbers or electo penciled markings because I would guess that most have been refinished before you bought them . Did you guys pick them up at your local law enforcement center or did you pick them up at your FFL of choice ? Nothing wrong with refinishing but it does hurt value on any firearm . Shoot the heck out of them and be happy .
    I do not know what HK did with these when CA DOC returned them!!!

Tony

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Melvin View Post
    I am pretty sure that is the E & L NON-Ventilated barrel shroud, with the forward grip swapped out. They compliment the HK 94 quite nicely, and look almost like an actual suppressor. Still sold and available.

http://www.brasscatchers.com/pics/304.jpg

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sponsored Links