Is this the date code on the bolt carrier?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Is this the date code on the bolt carrier?

  1. #1
    Member
    Ginseng's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2011
    Posts : 98
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Is this the date code on the bolt carrier?

    Hello Everyone,

    The two vertical lines you see close to the bottom of the bolt carrier...is this an II date code or is it just two vertical lines? The other side of the bolt carrier has a similar surface but no vertical lines. I don't see any other markings on the bolt carrier.

    Thanks!

    Uploaded with ImageShack.com

  2. #2
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Tailflash's Avatar
    Join Date : Nov 2008
    Location : Northern Utah
    Posts : 866
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

    Default

    That looks to be correct for Date Code location; ii then. What is this carrier out of?

  3. #3
    Teufelshund Tactical
    Marine0303's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2010
    Location : Crozet, Virginia
    Posts : 6,810
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)

    Default

    II Date Code. Some parts have them, some do not. Newer parts, through a combination of new German/US government laws and HK policies, also have serial numbers or additional codes.
    SF,

    James

    Heckler and Koch Certified Armorer (Heckler and Koch)
    Heckler and Koch Pistol, Submachine Gun and Rifle Instructor (Singleton International)

    Owner, Teufelshund Tactical

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    AGG
    AGG is offline
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    AGG's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2007
    Location : Alabama
    Posts : 30,465
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

    Default

    Nice, late carrier you have there!!!

    Tony

  6. #5
    Member
    Ginseng's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2011
    Posts : 98
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Aww...I bet you say that to all the guys!

    Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    Nice, late carrier you have there!!!

    Tony

  7. #6
    Member
    Ginseng's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2011
    Posts : 98
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Hey Tailflash,

    It's for a HK93.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tailflash View Post
    That looks to be correct for Date Code location; ii then. What is this carrier out of?

  8. #7
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Tailflash's Avatar
    Join Date : Nov 2008
    Location : Northern Utah
    Posts : 866
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ginseng View Post
    Hey Tailflash,

    It's for a HK93.
    Thanks. That's what I suspected as it got my curiosity because my II Date Coded (Desert camo) HK93 has an (original) IC bolt carrier... Your II carrier must have been built for something later; perhaps as a spare...

    Is this the date code on the bolt carrier?-img_0858.jpg

  9. #8
    Teufelshund Tactical
    Marine0303's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2010
    Location : Crozet, Virginia
    Posts : 6,810
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tailflash View Post
    Thanks. That's what I suspected as it got my curiosity because my II Date Coded (Desert camo) HK93 has an (original) IC bolt carrier... Your II carrier must have been built for something later; perhaps as a spare...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0858.jpg 
Views:	310 
Size:	553.7 KB 
ID:	15922
    HK builds parts in batches, sometimes not making another batch for several years. It is not unusual to find one of the roller delayed weapons with parts that do not share the same date code as the receiver. This goes for mags too.

  10. #9
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Tailflash's Avatar
    Join Date : Nov 2008
    Location : Northern Utah
    Posts : 866
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marine0303 View Post
    HK builds parts in batches, sometimes not making another batch for several years. It is not unusual to find one of the roller delayed weapons with parts that do not share the same date code as the receiver. This goes for mags too.
    Agree, but strange that all three of my camo rifles have IC bolt carriers (HK93 & HK91 Desert and HK91 Woodland). Such a huge spread of years between the rifle(s) DOM and the carrier(s) DOM; you'd think that every HK93 & 91 between 1982 and (at least) 1988 would (then) all have IC bolt carriers. This is why Ginseng's II bolt carrier caught my eye; very late for sure as there weren't too many 93s made after '88'...

  11. #10
    Teufelshund Tactical
    Marine0303's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2010
    Location : Crozet, Virginia
    Posts : 6,810
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tailflash View Post
    Agree, but strange that all three of my camo rifles have IC bolt carriers (HK93 & HK91 Desert and HK91 Woodland). Such a huge spread of years between the rifle(s) DOM and the carrier(s) DOM; you'd think that every HK93 & 91 between 1982 and (at least) 1988 would (then) all have IC bolt carriers. This is why Ginseng's II bolt carrier caught my eye; very late for sure as there weren't too many 93s made after '88'...
    I have a camo HK93 and HK91, both IH and both with IH bolt carriers.
    The last HK93s I have seen were IK.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

hk 43 carrier

,

ptr 91 bolt carrier markings

Click on a term to search for related topics.