G36E & G36K IdZ Forearm Top Picatinny Rail Availability

Thread: G36E & G36K IdZ Forearm Top Picatinny Rail Availability

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Default G36E & G36K IdZ Forearm Top Picatinny Rail Availability

Now that the all-aluminum G36 & G36K IdZ Forearms have been around for a few years, has anyone found a source for the top Picatinny Rails for these? The distance between the top mounting holes are much different from the many available side & bottom rail(s) on the market.

Re: Approx distance between hole centers
    G36 IdZ (top) 4.13" (105mm) HK PartNo. 702390 (updated 12/25/16)
    G36K IdZ (top) 2.56" (65mm)

Would be nice if these could be T-marked like the current side/bottom rails with L/R or B-markings...

G36E & G36K IdZ Forearm Top Picatinny Rail Availability-img_3816.jpg

These will be for a couple SL8 conversion IdZ model projects (K & E model in RAL8000)...
    Last edited by Tailflash; 12-25-2016 at 07:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I know this thread is nearly a year old but I've been looking into an SL8 conversion as well with the IdZ forearm and was wondering if there are top rails.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

HK makes aluminium top rails for the G36 family of rifles. Not sure what model they are specifically made for, but they fit all G36, SL8, and 243 rifles.

Some are available here:

SIGHTS & SIGHTS RAILS
    Hidden Content
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I've since found that HK Rail, PartNo. 702390, fits the top, sides, & bottom of the IdZ aluminum forearm. Although not full length for the bottom, it works perfectly for attaching the grip and allows for quick removal of grip if necessary.

G36E & G36K IdZ Forearm Top Picatinny Rail Availability-img_4843.jpg G36E & G36K IdZ Forearm Top Picatinny Rail Availability-img_4844.jpg G36E & G36K IdZ Forearm Top Picatinny Rail Availability-img_4845.jpg G36E & G36K IdZ Forearm Top Picatinny Rail Availability-img_4846.jpg G36E & G36K IdZ Forearm Top Picatinny Rail Availability-img_4678.jpg

I'm looking for a top rail yet for my IdZ K forearm for an upcoming T.Bostic SBR project in RAL8000. Sweersa, thanks for the link; I'll have to check that site out...

OBW, for those who are not familiar with the IdZ forearms, they are rock-solid when attached to the receiver; unlike the plastic forearms that tend to wobble with the pushpin attachment. If getting Tom Bostic to make you an IdZ version, he is aware of the need to remove just enough material on the inside/aft part of the IdZ forearm so it wont rub on the receiver when taking on/off. Below pics were forwarded to Tom and he did a perfect job of trial fit to ensure these areas were taken care of before application of RAL8000 Duracoat finish to all parts.

G36E & G36K IdZ Forearm Top Picatinny Rail Availability-img_4650.jpg G36E & G36K IdZ Forearm Top Picatinny Rail Availability-img_4649.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tailflash View Post
    I've since found that HK Rail, PartNo. 702390, fits the top, sides, & bottom of the IdZ aluminum forearm. Although not full length for the bottom, it works perfectly for attaching the grip and allows for quick removal of grip if necessary.

Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_4843.JPG
Views:	563
Size:	423.8 KB
ID:	80626 Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_4844.JPG
Views:	466
Size:	542.9 KB
ID:	80634 Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_4845.JPG
Views:	400
Size:	506.7 KB
ID:	80642 Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_4846.JPG
Views:	699
Size:	682.2 KB
ID:	80650 Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_4678.JPG
Views:	569
Size:	478.5 KB
ID:	80658

I'm looking for a top rail yet for my IdZ K forearm for an upcoming T.Bostic SBR project in RAL8000. Sweersa, thanks for the link; I'll have to check that site out...

OBW, for those who are not familiar with the IdZ forearms, they are rock-solid when attached to the receiver; unlike the plastic forearms that tend to wobble with the pushpin attachment. If getting Tom Bostic to make you an IdZ version, he is aware of the need to remove just enough material on the inside/aft part of the IdZ forearm so it won’t rub on the receiver when taking on/off. Below pics were forwarded to Tom and he did a perfect job of trial fit to ensure these areas were taken care of before application of RAL8000 Duracoat finish to all parts.

Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_4650.JPG
Views:	441
Size:	453.0 KB
ID:	80666 Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_4649.JPG
Views:	364
Size:	430.2 KB
ID:	80674
    great info! :)

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes, very good info. Indeed, a factory IDZ aluminum will scratch the front of the receiver. I wonder if this was by design? Some of the polymer handguards fit better than others, which does not make them ideal for mounting certain things. HK addressed this issue when they designed the XM8, as the handguards for those lock up much more securely than the G36 family.

Sponsored Links