G36C (and K) barrel profile print/specs - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: G36C (and K) barrel profile print/specs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Experience always counts. I've turned barrels before, but I don't have access to a lathe currently. A friend of mine has CNC equipment and does gunsmithing work all the time, so once we have the dimensions, I'm confident he could cut it accurately with that. I see Tommy Built comes highly recommended! He said he's doing 3 C barrels a week right now. Hopefully he'll share some dimensions.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard86 View Post
    Experience always counts. I've turned barrels before, but I don't have access to a lathe currently. A friend of mine has CNC equipment and does gunsmithing work all the time, so once we have the dimensions, I'm confident he could cut it accurately with that. I see Tommy Built comes highly recommended! He said he's doing 3 C barrels a week right now. Hopefully he'll share some dimensions.
    "Hey, Tom, you know that stuff you do to make a living? How about you give me some of that for free." Seriously, pay @tbostic to perform the work. Tom pioneered SL8 to G36 conversions. He has stupid fast turnaround times, and you won't need to worry about if your friend's "gunsmithing" work is violating any federal regulations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nzfly View Post
    "Hey, Tom, you know that stuff you do to make a living? How about you give me some of that for free." Seriously, pay @tbostic to perform the work. Tom pioneered SL8 to G36 conversions. He has stupid fast turnaround times, and you won't need to worry about if your friend's "gunsmithing" work is violating any federal regulations.
    Hey, Nzfly, you know that OP where I asked for barrel prints? If you don't have them, or a suggestion of where to get them, please lay off of my thread. Seriously.
    I know Tom does great work. That wasn't my question.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Hey, Nzfly, you know that OP where I asked for barrel prints? If you don't have them, or a suggestion of where to get them, please lay off of my thread. Seriously.
    I know Tom does great work. That wasn't my question.
    You asked for barrel prints, correct. There really are only a couple guys who would have them, a member since 2009 could probably guess this without a post. Near everyone tells you to get Tom to do the work. You say, "I see Tommy Built comes highly recommended! He said he's doing 3 C barrels a week right now. Hopefully he'll share some dimensions."

Construing the my feedback as being solely based upon the quality of Tom's work is a bit disingenuous. "Hopefully he'll share some dimensions." IS MOOCHING.

You might reconsider what your OP is really asking for given the G36 is is still under patent and intellectual property laws. How about you ask HK, they will refer you to Tom too. LOL.

This all said, I will lay off the wizard is looking for a handout thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Obviously the guys who do barrel conversions would have this info. Yes, I've heard of a couple since 2009. I came here to ask everyone, and was then directed towards one person. You seem to be taking offense that I then asked this person.

You can call it "mooching" if you'd like. I'm just asking for information, which isn't a NFA or other violation. Stop trying to sound scary.

HK doesn't sell the barrels (except during replacement work) which is why everyone either re-profiles SL8 barrels or buys demilled kits.

I'm not trying to rob anyone's livelihood by re-profiling my own barrel. I learned a lot by reading here and doing my own work on legacy HKs many years ago. People on this board were very helpful then, and shared knowledge. It was great.

Banned

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Obviously the guys who do barrel conversions would have this info. Yes, I've heard of a couple since 2009. I came here to ask everyone, and was then directed towards one person. You seem to be taking offense that I then asked this person.

You can call it "mooching" if you'd like. I'm just asking for information, which isn't a NFA or other violation. Stop trying to sound scary.

HK doesn't sell the barrels (except during replacement work) which is why everyone either re-profiles SL8 barrels or buys demilled kits.

I'm not trying to rob anyone's livelihood by re-profiling my own barrel. I learned a lot by reading here and doing my own work on legacy HKs many years ago. People on this board were very helpful then, and shared knowledge. It was great.

If you ask Tom to do it is one thing, asking him for DIMS, SPECS, PRINTS, or what ever you like to call them is another and I would be very surprised if he would acknowledge your question/Email/FB MSG.. YMMV

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do you know where I could find DIMS, SPECS, PRINTS, etc. for a G36C barrel?

Banned

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes, I do!! None of those who I know that do would just give them out to someone, Even to do just your own Bbl!! That is just crazy seeing as everyone is stealing everyone's designs in recent years. Good luck in your search!!

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

One option is to buy a G36C barrel or front end on GunBroker (there are a few on there now) and a nice set of calipers to get the actual dimensions. Nothing more real than the real thing.
    Hidden Content
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Supporting Vendor

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

What DIM do you need?
    MM

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links