HK Image restored - Court has spoken - G36 is good! - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: HK Image restored - Court has spoken - G36 is good!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The court ruled that the G36 meets the technical delivery terms. That is all.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lenkers View Post
    The court ruled that the G36 meets the technical delivery terms. That is all.
    Which is all they needed to do. Just as my vendors are liable only for what they contractually agreed. Which I'm not sure they really know to what they agreed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn’t mean they're not after you!"

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saab95v6 View Post
    Great now, hopefully more get shipped to US in a Semi version for the aficionados !!!
    Plus 1 on that statement!

... and to add. I don't "us" as community of gun people. We bitch and moan that HK doesn't release new and innovative products. When they do, we then do our very best to discredit it. Especially in this situation where there are key players within the German government who have a personal agenda to close down HK by restricting their revenue steam. Anyhow, every platform has it's limitations and if you still believe the G36 will melt like a ice cube on a hot city street, than that's a shame.
    Last edited by Oicani; 09-02-2016 at 06:20 PM.
    "...but just like every other clone, they are copies of the original and copies are never as good as the original."

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RegularGuy461969 View Post
    Which is all they needed to do. Just as my vendors are liable only for what they contractually agreed. Which I'm not sure they really know to what they agreed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Some people here are lead to believe that the court declared the G36 to be a good rifle. But that's just not what happened.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

[QUOTE=Steve_in_29;2025265
    This is no different then when a criminal who was caught in the act gets off in court over a technicality....he STILL committed the crime, just couldn't be convicted of it.[/QUOTE]

Ouch. Defense lawyer responds briefly. That technicality is usually a Constitutional safeguard which serves to protect us all. Plenty of people are convicted on technical violations of the law. At the end of the day, there is only legal and illegal. As for the criminal getting off - probably been jailed, crime enterprise broken up, had to pay a defense lawyer, and dealt with pre-trial restrictions on liberty. Then of course, there are the civil forfeiture actions too.

HK performed to the contract. If there were explicit or implied warranties otherwise, they still prevailed.
    Deutschen Gewehre und Pistolen, deutsches Bier und deutsche Motorräder.
    Habent sua fata libelli et balli -In Stahlgewittern von Ernst Jünger

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_in_29 View Post
    ^^^^ This

The Court didn't state there were no problems with the rifles, ONLY that there was no contractual obligation for HK to provide weapons that were accurate as the German Military "ass-u-me-d" that such didn't need to be specified in the contract.

This is no different then when a criminal who was caught in the act gets off in court over a technicality....he STILL committed the crime, just couldn't be convicted of it.
    That would be my take on the decision as well.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)

And there is no definition of what is a "good" rifle, except in this case, the court did not rule it was a "bad" rifle. We could go on and on about the good, the bad, and the ugly.

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lenkers View Post
    Some people here are lead to believe that the court declared the G36 to be a good rifle. But that's just not what happened.
    Yup. The bottom line is that even with a very serious and scientifically demonstrable accuracy problem, the rifle still met the terms of the contract.

"The court in the city of Koblenz rejected the government's call for the army to be compensated for the 3,845 rifles it ordered in two contracts dating back to 2013. "

It looks like this suit was actually defensive in nature by HK, so this may have actually been a counter claim against the government. I'm not sure their civil legal system operates the same way ours does. So when it's said "HK Sued the German Government" it might actually mean "Countersued."

If that's the case, it changes my opinion of this from a pyrrhic victory to a substantial one, gained in a fight they didn't ask to be in.

The 416 is on a winning streak with the France deal, so hopefully that picks up even more. That's the gun HK probably wants to build anyway.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fargo007 View Post
    Yup. The bottom line is that even with a very serious and scientifically demonstrable accuracy problem, the rifle still met the terms of the contract.

"The court in the city of Koblenz rejected the government's call for the army to be compensated for the 3,845 rifles it ordered in two contracts dating back to 2013. "

It looks like this suit was actually defensive in nature by HK, so this may have actually been a counter claim against the government. I'm not sure their civil legal system operates the same way ours does. So when it's said "HK Sued the German Government" it might actually mean "Countersued."

If that's the case, it changes my opinion of this from a pyrrhic victory to a substantial one, gained in a fight they didn't ask to be in.

The 416 is on a winning streak with the France deal, so hopefully that picks up even more. That's the gun HK probably wants to build anyway.
    All that supposed superior German engineering prowess on tap and yet all HK can come up with for a rifle is a clone of an AR. And not even a new type of AR clone but one that was already done successfully by several other companies before HK copied it.
    Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think.
    Adolph Hitler

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MOS95B View Post
    Ouch. Defense lawyer responds briefly. That technicality is usually a Constitutional safeguard which serves to protect us all. Plenty of people are convicted on technical violations of the law. At the end of the day, there is only legal and illegal. As for the criminal getting off - probably been jailed, crime enterprise broken up, had to pay a defense lawyer, and dealt with pre-trial restrictions on liberty. Then of course, there are the civil forfeiture actions too.

HK performed to the contract. If there were explicit or implied warranties otherwise, they still prevailed.
    Constitutional safeguards or not the fact remains the criminal, while not found guilty, STILL actually committed the crime he was charged with.

And yes HK preformed to the contract (which is NOT the same thing as saying they made a "good" rifle) as the Military was too naive to think they had to actually lay out in the contract that the rifles be accurate and specify exactly how accurate they expected them to be.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links