I'm working an angle here to see if I can snag a couple of HK433 uppers. Got any takers for a group buy?
A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"
It's a nonferrous G36 .
Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Certified NRA RSO
From Germany's leading monthly for security policy and defence technology:
Europäische Sicherheit & Technik 02/2017 - PDF - Mittler Report ShopDie neue Gewehrfamilie von Heckler & Koch - Zwei einsatzerprobte Gewehre vereint im neuen HK433 (Dorothee Frank)
Why 433? HK says it's a mixture of the g36 and the 416, so... 436 would make sense. Maybe 432 (4+2*16). Maybe it's because both are too obvious. Maybe it's HK50-(4)17 since it's multical. So many questions...
BTW, there's lots of info in the article fennecus linked to (bought the mag). I have to work right now so just some highlights:
- Calibers: 556, 762, and *drumroll* 300 blackout AND 762x39 "conceptionally incorporated"
- barrels from 11"-20"
- round counter which sounds exactly like the one FN just released
- upper made of aluminium, different lowers: G36 or AR15-style
- different barrel lengths weigh just a little less than their 416 counterparts, eg. 14,5": 416->3490g, 433->3400g
- 'just' 700 shots/min, 416 has 850, G36 has 750
my own obervations:
- I'm oldschool, I like the G3 style charging handle
- There seems to be a flap on the left side of the rifle exactly where a case ejection window would be - and, on close inspection, the case deflector (I lack the correct vocab here) looks like it's not part of the upper but somehow attached to it. So: case ejection to the left possible?
The new HK 433. All your rifles are kaput, the new 433 makes everything else obsolete.
Was*Ist Das Denn Für Eine Neue Sturmgewehr von Heckler und Koch? - Soldier Systems Daily