HK433 - The new assault rifle from HK - Page 22
Page 22 of 48 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: HK433 - The new assault rifle from HK

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

With a side folding AR stock adapter and slimline A5 stock, it would look worlds better. I think it's cool looking though. I'd buy a SCAR or ACR made by HK any day or the week :)

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blfuller View Post
    Something new, but not for civvies? Supposed to be a hybrid of the 416 and G36. Maybe old news...

[/img]
    What is up with obsession with taking a picture of your toes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MP5_smg View Post
    You guys know if it's going to use the exactly same piston style as 416/G36 or is it the "tappet" type gas like the SCAR with a long carrier? Sorry if this already pointed out and I missed it.
    I would assume it employs a "gas tappet" system like the SCAR. HK433 - The new assault rifle from HK-tapatalk_1486126480475-1486127078955.jpeg[IMG]
    [/IMG]HK433 - The new assault rifle from HK-img_20170207_095248.jpg
    Last edited by SteelMag; 02-07-2017 at 12:55 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I honestly wouldn't want this gun if all it had were those short handguards.

Short handguards and a pencilly barrel sticking out over a foot out of them just looks like an SBR to me.

A "Sarah Brady Rifle."

The 416 is much more attractive to me in many ways. Principal among them is that I get to choose what I want up front.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fargo007 View Post
    I honestly wouldn't want this gun if all it had were those short handguards.

Short handguards and a pencilly barrel sticking out over a foot out of them just looks like an SBR to me.

A "Sarah Brady Rifle."

The 416 is much more attractive to me in many ways. Principal among them is that I get to choose what I want up front.
    I agree the 416 is more attractive ( refined would be my word of choice ).
    But what I really dislike in this one is the buttstock.
    It looks like orthopedic boots. That whole FN SCAR look just looks retarded to me.

Hopefully, the price of the MR762 will drop once this is available.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Worf View Post
    HK says it has a bolt based on the G36's, so the gas system would be the same. Makes sense if you think about it - I guess they started working on the 433 at the beginning of the G36 troubles, so they had roughly 2 years to develop it. When you have a working system in-house, why change it? Change has the potential for desaster and HK kinda knew a Bundeswehr tender might be on the horizon.
    A SCAR-like tappet system makes more sense. I was wondering how they planned to have the piston / transfer rod removed w/o having to remove the barrel, due to the monolithic upper. And it makes even more sense considering the forward assist: the charging handle can 'lock' right into the extended bolt carrier without any addition parts necessary. Less parts = less stuff to clean or lose...
    AND they only would have to extend the upper part of the bolt, so 'basing' on the G36/HK50 bolt isn't that far off.

Off topic: I've been wondering why the Bundeswehr tender has been delayed by half a year into 2017 (they say "because of meticulous preparation for the AR tender")... it almost feels like they wanted to give HK the opportunity to finish development of the 433. Maybe HK do still have some friends in the MOD.
    ...and/or give their friends at H&K some more time to include features into their 'of the shelf' finished product that Bundeswehr wanted to have but weren't incorporated yet (like round counter).

That would also explain the rushed release. Has anyone else noticed the differences between the (unofficial??) gray room foto and the official pics? You can read the serial numbers on the rifles, and they only differ by a margin of 5. Five! So between a prototype weapon and the (presumably) finished product which differs considerably they only produced 4 more weapons.
    Yupp. I wondered which charging handle location would the final one (before I could decipher the 000015 serial number) and why H&K apparently moved it forward, in spite of risking to lose some real estate on the front rail... I guess nostalgia for the G3's CH location wasn't the reason, they might have found the ergos better this way. Or this gives. them more modularity for heavier bolt / other calibers in the same receiver...

Differences are (prototype-->official fotos): charging handle moved forward by what, 2 inches?, lower redesign (literally lowered) with an extended receiver to house the round counter (that's the bump I first thought to be a convertible ejection port because it sits right in line with the magazine), changed gas port (prototype had a 416A5-style gp). And that's just what can be seen in the pictures.
    If you look reeeaaally closely you can actually decipher the description of the round counter on one of the two brochure-photos: right in the middle at the bottom of the photo, with a read marker on that 'bulge' on the receiver. But you really have to know where to look and what the text might read...

What I would like to know: especially from the 'gray room' picture (S/N 10), the lower seems to extend quite a bit farther to the front than the mag-well (straight section between magwell and handguard). Is this an indication that the same upper receivers will be used for other calibers with longer cartridges/mag-wells/lower receivers?
    Full modularity?
    Or would that be counter intuitive, since .308/7,62x51 calls for a stronger receiver?!?

The guessing-game continues

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    So, they invented the FN SCAR, but with a "Made in Germany" tag stamped on it.

Congratulations?
    But then again the SCAR is really an aluminum G36.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by baljar View Post
    B&T APC and HK MR223 are similarly priced in Europe. Maybe the US Importeur of B&T charges an extra premium.
    LaGardere lists the cost of the MR556a1 at 3095 Ch ($3116.82 USD)and the APC556 at 2695 Ch ($2714 USD). In the US the APC223 sells for about $2900.

The difference is in the fact that the HK MR series sold in Europe is made in Germany. In the US the cost of imported firearms is increased by our import regulations, freight, customs bonded warehouse storage, and excise tax, among others. These add up and mean that the cost of the APC is slightly higher than in Europe.
    Last edited by jsurowitz; 02-07-2017 at 02:24 AM.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow, thanks! That definitely looks like tappet gas. I remember the MP7 also uses tappet gas (from MP7 armorer course) anyone here can confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMag View Post
    I would assume it employs a "gas tappet" system like the SCAR. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tapatalk_1486126480475-1486127078955.jpeg 
Views:	1532 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	91306[IMG]
    [/IMG]Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170207_095248.JPG 
Views:	4281 
Size:	14.6 KB 
ID:	91322

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The new HK Massada.

Too late HK, I already have a scar.

Oh boy another semi auto rifle we will never see. Where is my hk 293?
    Last edited by tomketchum; 02-07-2017 at 03:42 AM.
    HK KG M"ark" 23 w/ camo case. Knights Armament Corp MARK23/USPT Full size suppressor.
    HK BC P30(00) 9mmx19 V3 w/ Meprolight TruDot tritium night sights
    HK BD HK45C(T) V1 FDE w/ Meprolight TruDot tritium night sights
    HK BG SP5K Cal. 9mmx19

"Crushing the bejeezus out of targets since 2010!" The disarmament of law abiding citizens is the required precursor to genocide.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by G3Kurz Hidden Content
    Also when you play the "HK" Octoberfest CD in reverse it provides instructions on the rise of the Fourth Reich.

Page 22 of 48 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links