HK433 - The new assault rifle from HK - Page 44
Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: HK433 - The new assault rifle from HK

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kaltesherz View Post
    Because it's much faster to push the mag release with your trigger finger, dropping the empty mag, while using your support hand to grab a reload.
    It is all a matter of training. That said, the push button is simpler to operate quickly with less training. I like both, depending on the platform.
    HK91
    HK94
    USC/UMP
    SL8/G36
    P7M8
    P9s .45acp
    VP70Z
    USP Tactical .45acp
    V51/HK51 clone
    HK45
    HK45c
    HK 416 10.5" upper
    GSG5PK
    P30Ls
    HK45T (OD Green)
    VP9
    CR556A1
    P30SKs
    SP5K

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Vickers Tactical: Shot Show 2018 - HK433

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF6REf8NOSQ

*want* no, scratch that... *need*

Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Worf View Post
    - It's easier to manufacture (extrusion vs. milling, etc)
    - It has a one piece picatinny rail on top (well, almost)
    - it's more versatile (supposedly there's an easy caliber conversion / g36 or 416 lower / foldable buttstock)
    - real forward assist
    - but most of all, it's cheaper (or so they say)

Word is the German army told HK they considered the 416 too expensive, so HK came up with a "new" (-->Masada) and cheaper design that also fixes most (if not all) of the drawbacks of the 416. That's it.
    What drawbacks of the 416?
    The first principle is that you do not fool yourself. And you are the easiest one to fool. --Richard Feynman

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HKPRO View Post
    All of the above - from a German Army POV and in comparison to the 416. Especially important are the G36 lower and price. Though the lower is 'fixed' in the G95.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Worf View Post
    - It's easier to manufacture (extrusion vs. milling, etc)
    - It has a one piece picatinny rail on top (well, almost)
    - it's more versatile (supposedly there's an easy caliber conversion / g36 or 416 lower / foldable buttstock)
    - real forward assist
    - but most of all, it's cheaper (or so they say)

Word is the German army told HK they considered the 416 too expensive, so HK came up with a "new" (-->Masada) and cheaper design that also fixes most (if not all) of the drawbacks of the 416. That's it.
    This gun will have its own gremlins/demons to work out just as EVERY platform does. The truth is it's unproven in the hands of a lowest-common-denominator joe following govermnent maintenance TTP's. It will most certainly have a weak point; the question is how expensive/catastrophic is it when it occurs and how effectively is it addressed?

While the one-piece top rail is nice for maintaining alignment of say an IR in conjunction with an optic, I worry how much that forward charging handle will interfere with modern military loadouts and how controls/electronics interface with the user...."switchology" if you will.

Yep, it's got some pretty cool features for sure; certainly a few that a seasoned, discriminating shooter would approve of. But is it the right thing for a soldier? How robust is that charging handle/FA? How much dickering will those stock adjustments take before they give up the ghost to PFC WreckAnvil?

I like the concept of the 433; I think it's neat, but I agree with others that think the 416/417's popularity and volume of military contracts won in the past few years are a great hurdle for a design such as this. Remember that the G36 wasn't exactly Mr. Right...but Mr. Right Now!!! The Germans have a proven workhorse in their back pocket with the 416 and that's very tough to overlook. It's no fluke that much of the modern world has BEAT us at our own game and fielded HK's or Diemaco's (or "Colt Canada" if you prefer). How bad do they want to save the $$$?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I agree. I don't see where the 416/MR556 has any "drawbacks". It is definitely the best AR platform I have ever owned. HK fixed some things about the design that made me want one again.

The 433 is definitely neat but I don't see it being available to the unwashed masses for many years if ever.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

HK basically said don't hope for it.

I actually do like the charging handle spot. The only piece that was a little interesting was the bolt release. The folding stock is very nice touch too while still having the ability to raise and lower the cheek piece and adjust the LoP.
    Instagram: Black_Rifle

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HKPRO View Post
    Compared to G36 and HK433?
    - price
    - weight
    - length (buffer-tube vs. foldable & adjustable stock)
    - user interface: config. of safety/selector, mag release, comparable to legacy G36 (and therefor less re-training)
    - possibility to use a different lower to use old G36 mags (although I doubt that and think they will move to standard STANAG magazines (compatibility with 416-variants and allies)
    - theoretical possibility to swap calibers (unlikely - easier to switch gun than only barrel and accessories).

Time will tell, although I thinks there is a preference towards HK433.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As others have said, the 433 is sweet, but we will likely never have the chance to own one.
    Hk VP9SK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up

So now that apparently both SIG Sauer and Rheinmetall/Steyr-Mannlicher (link in German, not yet oficially confirmed) are out, chances of H&K winning the tender for the next German service rifle and in consequence the chance for a civilian 433 are looking pretty good.

Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links