HK433 - The new assault rifle from HK - Page 7
Page 7 of 64 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: HK433 - The new assault rifle from HK

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Klaustrophobia View Post
    The ugliness could be improved immeasurably by getting rid of the HKey crap.

Whatever happened to M-Lok winning out? That seemed to be the case for a while, but now everywhere I look there seems to be at LEAST a 2:1 ratio of Keymod to M-Lok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tspeis View Post
    You know now that I think about it, the charging handle might actually be a great thing. Your support hand is already right there anyway, so malfunction drills could be simplified vs an AR setup. Even better, no gas to the face when running a can.

There will probably be plenty of aftermarket handguards down the road, so the whole HKeymod complaint seems moot to me. On the trigger guard, I've always had a thing for KAC trigger guards. Kinda wish they were interchangeable on this.

Tspeis

If you really squint and read the fine print on the spec sheet I posted you can see it says the handguard is replaceable for M-Lok.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MasterBlaster; 02-03-2017 at 01:56 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fatmat27 View Post
    That barrel profile looks quite thick.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YPD1 View Post
    All I want to know is.......future US civilian version?
    @Marine0303 mentioned on his Facebook that this rifle is primarily for European militaries as a replacement for the G36 and they have no U.S. plans for it yet.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tspeis View Post
    You know now that I think about it, the charging handle might actually be a great thing. Your support hand is already right there anyway, so malfunction drills could be simplified vs an AR setup. Even better, no gas to the face when running a can.

Tspeis
    I'm wondering how that charging handle is going to hinder accessory mounting. Is it going to sit in the way if I want to mount an IR above it? What about if I happen to like my Scout light at the 10:30 area? Maybe it will be ok, but I there will be a different dynamic for stoppage clearance. And yes, there will be stoppages; even if the rifle is perfect, ammo, mags and the human factor will still be an issue. That's just what I see potentially from a duty use perspective.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Maybe there's something I've been missing, but a forward charging handle has always made much more sense to me.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Vas is los HK433? Das neue Sturmgewher von Heckler und Koch

Something new, but not for civvies? Supposed to be a hybrid of the 416 and G36. Maybe old news...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I like it. I don't really like the AR charging handle. And I like that this isn't just another AR. Pretty cool to be g36 or AR mag/control compatible. I will take both please!

I would love to get one should they ever find their way over here. Though probably best if it gets adopted somewhere and finalized before we get it, or we could end up with the version zero that no one wants when the cool version comes. Like A1 vs A3 or A5 for 416/MR, or Bren 805 vs 806. If Germany adopted it some changes could be part of the contract.

Shockwave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by egroeg View Post
    Maybe there's something I've been missing, but a forward charging handle has always made much more sense to me.
    Modern military rifles are issued with a lot of accessories. Put a light, Ir Laser, put a 2-point sling on there and start carrying it and that charging handle position is less than ideal. What works off a bench sucks on patrol. On patrol the Ar charging handle is perfect. Large charging handles on the left side tend to catch on gear. Even large latch AR15 will catch on mag pouches.
    Last edited by call_me_ski; 02-03-2017 at 02:29 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Well I do tend to keep my rifles pretty vanilla, so fair point. I'd still want to give it a shot before going to the AR placement though.

HKPro Professional

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dms16 View Post
    I'm wondering how that charging handle is going to hinder accessory mounting. Is it going to sit in the way if I want to mount an IR above it? What about if I happen to like my Scout light at the 10:30 area? Maybe it will be ok, but I there will be a different dynamic for stoppage clearance. And yes, there will be stoppages; even if the rifle is perfect, ammo, mags and the human factor will still be an issue. That's just what I see potentially from a duty use perspective.
    Good question, and agreed on the stoppage point. No doubt there will be a learning curve associated with the CH location. Viewing things from the same perspective, I think there are trade offs as with anything else. It may require you to adapt how you normally set your gun up to the layout of this platform. There are tons of SCAR charging handle latches out there designed to clear optics. Perhaps something similar for this will be available to help configure weapon lights. Who knows.

If this proves to be a true step forward in terms of reliability, service life, precision capability, etc...it might be worth adjusting your normal duty setup slightly.

Tspeis
    Last edited by Tspeis; 02-03-2017 at 02:35 AM.

Page 7 of 64 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links