H&K USC with Shockwave brace/short barrel?

Thread: H&K USC with Shockwave brace/short barrel?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default H&K USC with Shockwave brace/short barrel?

New member here, just acquired my first USC, and going over the plethora of upgrade options available for the weapon. It seems the only way to do the short barrel(besides the $200 taxtheftstamp and 9 month wait) as of right now would be to remove the stock/grip combo that comes with it, and replace with a lower and no stock. That being said, would it be possible to do a buffer tube conversion and then put a shockwave brace on it along with the short barrel? I see plenty of pics of MP5s with them, but no USCs......Thanks in advance.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

That would make it an illegal short barreled rifle unless this is a pistol receiver build you bought from Michaels machines.
    TommyBuilt Tactical LLC 07/ SOT
    Hidden Content
    For all your G36 and UMP conversion needs

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

That's because once a rifle, always a rifle... Note we are even in the HK long gun section. The receiver is the barreled top part, not the trigger group, it came to you as a rifle, so you can't turn it into a pistol again.

The mp5 style guns(sp5k, zenith pistols) and g3/33 style, like ptr pistols, z43p are imported as pistols so that they can have short barrels and also avoid the US parts restrictions and import assault ban, 10 Rd mags, thumbhole stocks, etc.

USC is what they would all look like if they had come in as a rifle.

The only USC/ump pistol option is from Michael's machines, he bought some USC receivers that hadn't been marked or imported as a pistol or rifle yet, a receiver isn't either, so he can make them into pistols, rifles, or SBR.

Either do the SBR, which really is awesome (and get an mp5 pistol if you still want one with a brace) or otherwise grab one of Mike's guns as a pistol while you still can.

Shockwave

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tbostic View Post
    That would make it an illegal short barreled rifle unless this is a pistol receiver build you bought from Michaels machines.
    Thank you for the reply Mr. Bostic, I understand you are a legend of sorts in the HK community. I would love nothing more than to send you mine! BTW, what would it take for you to make an FMG9 of sorts that a Glock could mount into? Or something like that? Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Or even something like the HERA GCC?

Sponsored Links