High round count HK rifles - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: High round count HK rifles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

These guys have tons of info any so many different guns. Great info!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aemun View Post
    This is what I could search up.

AR/M4 (mr556 and 416 mentions)
    https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/...our_range.html
    This is interesting, and should cause a **** storm.

"We no longer use ANY piston conversions or factory pistons guns with the exception of the HK-416 “knock-off” TDI upper. I purchased a FACTORY brand-new MR556 and it started keyholing after only 10,000 rounds. I was SO pissed because I spent all that money on the gun and it couldn’t last 10,000 rounds. I had barrels from before we even opened the range with 1,000’s of rounds on them from J&T Distributing (chrome-lined) that didn’t keyhole well into the 80,000-100,000 range. I don’t know who makes or made the J&T barrels but I was so pissed that actually wasted the money on a MR556 and that’s all I got from it. I purchased two of the 14.5″ TDI knock-offs approximately 6-8 weeks ago and they have been on the line daily with ZERO issues. I only purchased them because people will come in specifically request the “416” and even they’ve never handled a weapon their entire lives, they KNOW that the top half isn’t the “416 like in COD/MW”."
    Happiness is a warm gun.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Here's a quote from another post on this forum. Seems he has issues with HK.

"I really hate being like this but I don't put them on the range. You can call it pride or ego issue but I hate having to purchase something from a company that I feel looks down upon regular (non-LEO) sales. The company's attitude, in MY opinion, almost feels that the American shooter is a pain in the ass and "reluctantly" sells them to us. That's MY opinion after years and years of being a buyer (bought my first HK91 in 1987).

When I was running our retail gun store we could never get spare parts and all the LEO that would stop by said the same thing. Granted, we have approximately 20+ MP5's at the range but a majority of those are US-made copies and they continue to run nearly three years later.

We do have some of the Paki and Turkish MP5 semi-auto pistol clones and they also run fine.

I will eventually have to purchase some but like I said, it's just my ego/pride that feels if you're too good for the US market.. then you must to be good for our store."

Hope I'm not bringing up stuff that has already been hashed out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails High round count HK rifles-hk-hater.png  

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Already discussed years ago:

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk416-hk4...keyholing.html

Don't sweat it...

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

The spare parts issue has always been a problem, I don't know of anyone (maybe besides Adam?) who has ever been able to get factory new parts on the regular.

That is disappointing about the MR.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by surely_you_jest View Post
    The spare parts issue has always been a problem, I don't know of anyone (maybe besides Adam?) who has ever been able to get factory new parts on the regular.

That is disappointing about the MR.
    The beauty of the MR/416 system is that you really don't need them...especially for an MR556. Unless you get a lemon which is HK's problem, 10k rounds is not a difficult feat. Gas rings for the piston; maybe a new cotter key or cam pin (both available a multitude of places). HK gets knocked for not having Glock-like parts replacement support...they don't, but it often isn't required.

7n6
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dms16 View Post
    Already discussed years ago:

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk416-hk4...keyholing.html

Don't sweat it...

I never bought an MR556 because of that particular posting. The barrel on the MR556 isn't the same as what is offered on the 416.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dms16 View Post
    The beauty of the MR/416 system is that you really don't need them...especially for an MR556. Unless you get a lemon which is HK's problem, 10k rounds is not a difficult feat. Gas rings for the piston; maybe a new cotter key or cam pin (both available a multitude of places). HK gets knocked for not having Glock-like parts replacement support...they don't, but it often isn't required.
    My parts availability comment was not directed to the MR/416 but to the roller-locks, which do require regular maintenance with lots of use. I like to think supply will get better with their new facility, but back in the day factory HK parts were the only option if anything broke or wore out, and they were slow to arrive whether you were a civilian or a PD. I have no experience with MR/416 parts acquisition. Not a knock, just a fact that you'd better have some spare parts in your toy box.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Very cool information! Tag for later reading.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    I never bought an MR556 because of that particular posting. The barrel on the MR556 isn't the same as what is offered on the 416.
    Large mistake.
    The first principle is that you do not fool yourself. And you are the easiest one to fool. --Richard Feynman

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links