Unmarked SR9T and SR9TC rifles
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Unmarked SR9T and SR9TC rifles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Unmarked SR9T and SR9TC rifles

HK seems not to have records on how those rifles were shipped . In what serial number range are unmarked T and TC rifles encountered? I have seen few T and TC configured unmarked rifles in under 200 serial number range. Since there are no records the originality of those rifles will always be in question I guess. Also my understanding that when pricing those unmarked rifles (to buy or to sell) you would take a price of base SR9 and add the cost of whatever options that are on the gun . (PSG1 trigger pack , grip,stock etc). A correctly marked/ verified rifle either T or TC would be more valuable. Am I correct.?
    Last edited by sheriff1994; 05-29-2017 at 05:29 PM.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sheriff1994 View Post
    HK seems not to have records on how those rifles were shipped . In what serial number range are unmarked T and TC rifles encountered? I have seen few T and TC configured unmarked rifles in under 200 serial number range. Since there are no records the originality of those rifles will always be in question I guess. Also my understanding that when pricing those unmarked rifles (to buy or to sell) you would take a price of base SR9 and add the cost of whatever options that are on the gun . (PSG1 trigger pack , grip,stock etc). A correctly marked/ verified rifle either T or TC would be more valuable. Am I correct.?
    You can pretty much bet any SR9 that isn't stamped T ot TC probably left HK as a plain old SR9, regardless of the accessory features on the gun. When adding the options value, don't forget to subtract the original trigger and stocks from the overall value.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SudS View Post
    You can pretty much bet any SR9 that isn't stamped T ot TC probably left HK as a plain old SR9, regardless of the accessory features on the gun. When adding the options value, don't forget to subtract the original trigger and stocks from the overall value.
    That exactly what I was thinking .

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

I am aware of six (6), marked SR9T's under serial number 100, the lowest being 31--- the lowest, marked SR9TC that I have seen is 542!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    I am aware of six (6), marked SR9T's under serial number 100, the lowest being 31--- the lowest, marked SR9TC that I have seen is 542!!!

Tony
    So its safe to assume that an SR9 in TC configuration that was shipped in November of 1990 started its life as a regular HK SR9.

Establishing a fair market value would mean to take fair market value of basic SR9 add the value of the upgrades (used) and then subtract the amount of parts needed to return it to basic SR9. My friend just picked up a 99% condition SR9T configuration rifle that is not marked "T" for 3k and thinks He was charged too much. I told Him that He actually did OK. Any thoughts?

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

I wonder how many employees or their friends bought an SR9, only to get someone at HK a year later, stamp a T on their gun? Wouldn't surprise me if that low serial number TC started life as a regular SR9, or maybe a T, and the C was added by Kirby for one of his buddies?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wonder how many employees or their friends bought an SR9, only to get someone at HK a year later, stamp a T on their gun? Wouldn't surprise me if that low serial number TC started life as a regular SR9, or maybe a T, and the C was added by Kirby for one of his buddies?
    Sorry , maybe I was not clear. The under 200 number SR9 in TC configuration is NOT stamped T or TC

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

Sorry , maybe I was not clear. The under 200 number SR9 in TC configuration is NOT stamped T or TC
    My response had more to do with Tony's post (AGG).

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

So its safe to assume that an SR9 in TC configuration that was shipped in November of 1990 started its life as a regular HK SR9.

Establishing a fair market value would mean to take fair market value of basic SR9 add the value of the upgrades (used) and then subtract the amount of parts needed to return it to basic SR9. My friend just picked up a 99% condition SR9T configuration rifle that is not marked "T" for 3k and thinks He was charged too much. I told Him that He actually did OK. Any thoughts?
    Yes--- yes--- not a bad price!!!

Tony

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

My response had more to do with Tony's post (AGG).
    I figured as much --- the low number makes sense though, since it would not be part of the purported, first 25, pre-catalogue rifles not marked "TC"!!!
    As an aside, the next numbers that I have for a "TC" are 552 and 1419.

Tony

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links