Hunting With Your Semi-Auto HK ... Have You? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Hunting With Your Semi-Auto HK ... Have You?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tmbrwulf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skullbox View Post
    Does a USP to to kill a trash panda count?
    YES it does
    Quote Originally Posted by skullbox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tmbrwulf View Post
    YES it does
    A 5 yard shot up a tree with a USP-SD, Silencerco Octane 9, and a Golden Saber 147 gr JHP. Dropped like a rock.
    Tree killer🌳

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I’ve taken an antelope, mule deer, and cow elk ( 37, 73, and 615 yards) with my MR762. Lots of rabbits, a few coyotes too.

To say it was unpleasant to pack around on my elk hunt is an understatement.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hunting With Your Semi-Auto HK ... Have You?-983cc94a-77b2-4692-a98d-a082195040e9_1593710334529.jpeg Hunting With Your Semi-Auto HK ... Have You?-f8a72744-64eb-4bbe-b958-e83765c2bd06_1593710343404.jpeg Hunting With Your Semi-Auto HK ... Have You?-c4920502-2ffd-462e-9c74-1eb1353743bf_1593710352386.jpeg
    HK9150600- and billybop90 like this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ErickZ View Post
    I’ve taken an antelope, mule deer, and cow elk ( 37, 73, and 615 yards) with my MR762. Lots of rabbits, a few coyotes too.

To say it was unpleasant to pack around on my elk hunt is an understatement.
    Nice. I bet that elk was tasty.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

Oh man I really really want to put on a Octane and a TBR and "hunt" pigs with one of my USC/UMPs from a helo. Probably have to lead them a little more than with a rifle round.

You shoot sows? Piglets? How can you do that? "It's easy...you just don't lead them as much!"
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

^^You ain't wrong! Subguns all the way for hogs, even better if you can throw on a drum: UZI, Mini UZI, MAC10, MAC11, and my hog gun de jure is an HK94/MP5N with a KAC can. Start at the legs and keep something ridiculous in a holster to finish them off with!

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I haven't with a handgun but I have with my HK91. I have the psg1 trigger in it and a leupold in the QR mount. Lock in a 5 rd mag of good hunting loads and you are ready to go.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Not what you meant regards HK long guns for hunting, but I've killed a bunch of squirrels with my HK300 .22 WMR's, and I wouldn't be afraid to shoot a hog or Turkey with it (when legal), just haven't had the chance yet, though I've almost had a shot at 2 coyotes (if only they'd stop moving, even for a second!). I've hunted with my HK SLB2000 30-06, but no shots yet. It feels short and stubby compared to my (1950's, super accurate) Browning BAR 30-06 (integral box mag, 5 rounds), with which I've killed hogs (but haven't had deer shots yet). I hope soon to try my HK 770 .308 for deer or my SL6 .223 for hogs (management areas, sometimes can hunt both species, sometimes only hogs). I've made it a point to buy all the 3, 4, or 5 round mags I can afford over the last few years for the big calibers, as I come across them, to allow for hunting where the mag size is limited, and I even have some 2-round mags for the SLB2000. There aren't usually hunting mag limits on the .22 WMR's, but the 15-round HK300 mags are very pricey and are a bit too long for easy manipulation of the rifle with a sling, at times, but 5-rounds just isn't enough for moving squirrels, and the 10-rounders made by Triple-K work but don't have as nice a finish as HK's and don't seat in the mag well as smoothly either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have a great desire to take my G3 clone hunting just to say that I did. I'd also love to use my PTR-9CT for something like rabbit or in alternative deer season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by big_johnson_92 View Post
    I have a great desire to take my G3 clone hunting just to say that I did. I'd also love to use my PTR-9CT for something like rabbit or in alternative deer season.
    Just do it, you won't regret it. Coming home one evening from the range I was driving by my next door neighbors house and noticed her Lamas running at full gallop for some reason. If you know these animals they don't really run at all if they can help it. Happen to have my G3k clone with a 10Rd magazine ready to go. Went into the field and waited for them to pass by, I am not an expert shot by any means and as the Lama's passed by 3 coyote's were hot on their tails. First one was too close to the Lama so I hit the 2nd one at full run. Coyotes peeled off and ran into the forest, Lama's came towards me since they know what a gunshot is (Kinda strange) I picked up the expired coyote and brought it to my neighbor.
    I was honestly surprised how easy it was to handle the rifle, squeeze off a round and let it do most of the work, I used iron sights too, no optic. Range was approximately 110 Yds (36 Paces).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Iíve been using an SL7 for white tail the past few years. Itís size makes itís a very handy deer rifle especially when getting out of the tree stand. Itís low recoil and being stupid accurate is also a plus. Currently have a 1-8x on it which is perfect for a rifle like this.
    Hunting With Your Semi-Auto HK ... Have You?-9c193df7-d827-498d-a247-13f1efdda4a7.jpeg

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links