HK Flashlight, vintage - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: HK Flashlight, vintage

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

OK, did try a set of fresh Cs. The light was definitely brighter (than with the older 3 C's I had used earlier), but still not as bright as the rechargeable in it. Going to take the flashlight and the battery with charger to an electrician and get some info out of him on the voltage of the rechargeable. It must be higher than the 3.6 or whatever 3 C's add up to. Still trying to chase down a replacement for the rechargeable.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I love those types of innovative products from (presumably) the 80s.

Nowadays there seems to be 20 brands of everything with 10 models within those brands.

I'll take a look at my old SOF magazines to see if any adds have a similar product.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

DentedBrass, appreciate that. I was thinking older than the 80s, but maybe not. Technology advances rapidly. I used to subscribe to SOF years back (in the 80s), but think I trashed them or gave them away. Don't have them any more. I do have some SAR issues......

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

I Bleed Urban Gray
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MW2152 View Post
    If it was US military and special forces used, it might specifically not be maker marked because of that fact... "Sterilized" is the term I believe. I dunno, just a thought.
    @Crackerjack this is definitely US Army. I'll dig up my manual, but the US Army Ordnance Manual I have that shows goofy line drawings of Army materiale has a MP5 picture with this thing on it. It's a simple line drawing, not a photo, so I always figured the artist had no idea of how to draw an MP5. Now I know he was drawing the gun with this thing mounted. PM me if you want to sell.

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch till you're ready to bring the hate

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Got a POF MP5 on the way. Can't wait to set it up with this light. That and a straight mag. Nice and retro.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Did you ever find the correct rechargeable battery pack?
    Born in the US of parts made in Emmingen, Baden-Württemberg.

Devastation to your doorstep in 30 minutes or less...Minuteman III LGM30G.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

NO, I have not....

still hoping to find one some day. As it is, I get a decent 5 minutes out of this battery, so good enough for at home, emergency in the night. But wouldn't be good in the outside world, where a search might take a bit longer. Plus, it is so old school, I am just playing around at this point anyway. If I need a serious light for more serious work, I will probably get a Midwest Industries hand guard and hang a modern light on that. I see that in the near future as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

OK, finally got my POF MP5. I was going to go V53 or C93 (really preferred the V53) but they are hard to come by at the moment, and after consideration, the 9mm in an 8.85" barrel made so much more sense.

So here is what it looks like on my pistol. Very cool and very bright. I LOVE it!

HK Flashlight, vintage-img_6855.jpgHK Flashlight, vintage-img_6856.jpgHK Flashlight, vintage-img_6858.jpgHK Flashlight, vintage-img_6859.jpg
    MichaelE likes this.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looks good. How's the weight? Does it make it nose heavy?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Ya' know, it still balances just fine. I do not think of the weight being excessive at all. I would have to weigh the unit to know what it weighs. It really isn't bad.

Looks more like a line throwing gun with it on there.

I WILL at some point, end up with a Surefire unit. Mostly to keep the package as slim and compact as possible.
    Last edited by Crackerjack; 12-23-2017 at 02:02 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links