Newbie with First Post! HK 43 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Newbie with First Post! HK 43

  1. #11
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    KBAR04's Avatar
    Join Date : Aug 2005
    Location : University
    Age : 60
    Posts : 1,037
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Default

    You probably have seen a lot of 93 bolts marked. 1974 was an unusual year for HK. 60s vintage HKs had everything marked with matching numbers. In 1974, HK re-entered the US market with the 41 and 43 but they did not have the same markings. The 1974 41's almost all used 1965 or 66 dated bolt carriers and the other major parts were unmarked. The recievers had numeric dates on them rather than the later date codes. The 43s had HK33 barrels etc. I get the impression this was all rushed/half thought out....
    Retired 0-4
    USSOCCENT
    CJSOTF-S
    TFKBAR
    Khandahar, AFG
    Liaison:Bundeswehr DSO Afghanistan 2002

  2. #12
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Jan 2018
    Posts : 16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KBAR04 View Post
    You probably have seen a lot of 93 bolts marked. 1974 was an unusual year for HK. 60s vintage HKs had everything marked with matching numbers. In 1974, HK re-entered the US market with the 41 and 43 but they did not have the same markings. The 1974 41's almost all used 1965 or 66 dated bolt carriers and the other major parts were unmarked. The recievers had numeric dates on them rather than the later date codes. The 43s had HK33 barrels etc. I get the impression this was all rushed/half thought out....
    Do you consider it a good purchase? I mean your selling and have bought and sold others. Sounds like they are rare, but kinda like the cousin no one cares about anyway.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #13
    Senior Member

    Join Date : Sep 2005
    Location : NC
    Posts : 178
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    My 43 is original and also has none of the typical bolt/carrier markings. Looks same as yours.
    Recreational HK Collector

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Jan 2018
    Posts : 16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbj2003 View Post
    My 43 is original and also has none of the typical bolt/carrier markings. Looks same as yours.
    Hi. With the letters? R F


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #15
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    KBAR04's Avatar
    Join Date : Aug 2005
    Location : University
    Age : 60
    Posts : 1,037
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Default

    Yes, I think its a good purchase (but I dont know what you are paying..) I am mostly a SIG Swiss buyer but I like the HK 308s (41s) and handguns. the HK 223 offerings never did much for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by hopdevil View Post
    Do you consider it a good purchase? I mean your selling and have bought and sold others. Sounds like they are rare, but kinda like the cousin no one cares about anyway.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #16
    AGG
    AGG is online now
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    AGG's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2007
    Location : Alabama
    Posts : 33,137
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbj2003 View Post
    My 43 is original and also has none of the typical bolt/carrier markings. Looks same as yours.
    With the "F R" bolt carrier markings???
    How is the bolt head marked?
    PM to you.

    Tony
    Last edited by AGG; 01-10-2018 at 02:11 PM.

  8. #17
    AGG
    AGG is online now
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    AGG's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2007
    Location : Alabama
    Posts : 33,137
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hopdevil View Post
    Thanks for the input. The gentleman who has it leaves me no doubt to believe its not original.

    I just see a bunch of bolts marked.
    Not in my PM to you, but I have seen a bolt carrier, marked similar to this but with an "F" left of center only--- like yours but without the centered "R", and @ 50 digits higher that the one that you PM'ed me about!!!

    Tony

  9. #18
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Jan 2018
    Posts : 16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    Not in my PM to you, but I have seen a bolt carrier, marked similar to this but with an "F" left of center only--- like yours but without the centered "R", and @ 50 digits higher that the one that you PM'ed me about!!!

    Tony
    I will send you pics later today.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •