HK 91 Trigger Housing - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: HK 91 Trigger Housing

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

The only other possibility is the receiver holes are wallowed out and oblong. I bought a beater HK91 years ago that had been used as a bullet hose- roller marks that looked like speed bumps and receiver holes that were like pushing a hotdog through a hallway. It had been run with zero bolt gap for no telling how long. Fortunately metal can always be easily repaired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Hidden Content

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Howdy. I have noticed this condition with most HK 91's - four out of my six for example, to include two new in the box - so to me it is pretty normal. I like a small dab of good 'ol fashioned rubber cement on the front surface of the trigger housing and/or rear surface of the magwell ( where the two contact each other ) and the slop is gone. Let the cement dry for about 20 minutes before you re-assemble and it will stay put and do the job for, well a long, long time and much dis-assembly / re-assembly. The minute you no longer want the rubber cement on your weapon it will rub off just with thumb / fingers with zero trace of ever having been there. This little trick also works well for handguards with a little slop in them, be it fore and aft or up / down play. Just apply cement carefully to the handguard surfaces that interface with the weapon itself. Take your time and you can get a neat, professional result that is out of sight / out of mind. Hope this helps.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Here’s what I used to do: Buy another lower and swap them out. Or, if you have a second 91, swap them out with each other. It always fixed that problem. It was a normal thing for the 91’s and 93’s. A few would do that, but most wouldn’t. Never had to use any tape or anything. It used to bug the Hell out of me as I hated that back and forth movement.
    My email address: Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rifleman8 View Post
    Howdy. I have noticed this condition with most HK 91's - four out of my six for example, to include two new in the box - so to me it is pretty normal. I like a small dab of good 'ol fashioned rubber cement on the front surface of the trigger housing and/or rear surface of the magwell ( where the two contact each other ) and the slop is gone. Let the cement dry for about 20 minutes before you re-assemble and it will stay put and do the job for, well a long, long time and much dis-assembly / re-assembly. The minute you no longer want the rubber cement on your weapon it will rub off just with thumb / fingers with zero trace of ever having been there. This little trick also works well for handguards with a little slop in them, be it fore and aft or up / down play. Just apply cement carefully to the handguard surfaces that interface with the weapon itself. Take your time and you can get a neat, professional result that is out of sight / out of mind. Hope this helps.
    Rifleman8, that sounds like a good possibility. I'll look into it. Thanks for the reply
    "God grants liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it." - Daniel Webster

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger 2 Tank View Post
    Here’s what I used to do: Buy another lower and swap them out. Or, if you have a second 91, swap them out with each other. It always fixed that problem. It was a normal thing for the 91’s and 93’s. A few would do that, but most wouldn’t. Never had to use any tape or anything. It used to bug the Hell out of me as I hated that back and forth movement.
    Man it bugs me too. That's a viable solution

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthk View Post
    Man it bugs me too. That's a viable solution
    Keep in mind that unless you actually have multiple HK91s to swap housings between, you will most likely be buying a surplus G3 housing and thus need to have the shelf installed prior to being able to utilize it.
    Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think.
    Adolph Hitler

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_in_29 View Post
    Keep in mind that unless you actually have multiple HK91s to swap housings between, you will most likely be buying a surplus G3 housing and thus need to have the shelf installed prior to being able to utilize it.
    Just be sure it's been clipped and pinned. They won't all have shelves, I cut the shelves into the ears so I don't have to weld and refinish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Love it duct tape and an AK 2 versatil things duct tape should have its own holiday

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links