What happened to the HK SC5SD?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: What happened to the HK SC5SD?

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Default What happened to the HK SC5SD?

Several years ago HK announced that they would be selling two MP5 variants for the civilian market: the SP5K and the SC5SD. We got the SP5K, but I haven't been able to find any news in a long time about the SC5SD (a civilian version of the MP5 SD). Does anyone know if this has been dropped or is it just on the back burner?
    If "Dirty Harry" had been made in 1996:
    "I know what you're thinking: 'Did he fire twelve shots or only eleven?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being this is a HK MARK 23, the only offensive handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Wasn't there a SC5 too? A MP5 pistol?

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Application to BAFA for export was for the SP5K and SP5SD.... only one was approved.
    "...but just like every other clone, they are copies of the original and copies are never as good as the original."

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

While HK has submitted the SP5k and SC 5SD to the BKA, which is the German FBI that also has the ATF role(not BAFA!) for approval, only the SP5K was produced.
    BOTH weapons were approved by the BKA despite whatever stuff you read on TFB or other websites.
    The filename of the "Feststellungsbescheid" is 130607FbZ155SelbstladepistoleSC5SD.pdf , google and it will give you the PDF.
    Page 5 literally says, under points:
    3: The weapons are not considered weapons of war.
    6. The weapons are not deemed prohibited.
    7. The weapons can be aquired by permissions based on §10, §15 or §21.
    8. The weapons are prohibited for (german) sporting use. (which implies they can not be aquired by german sport shooters).

It is unclear why HK has not produced the SC5 SD, because its obvious that surpressors are not to be used for sport shooters in germany. That does not come as surprise nor does it mean that it would not find plenty of customers. Other companies sell MP5SD clones in Germany, like MKE from Turkey.

There is ZERO reason why the SC5SD could not be produced or exported, quite the opposite actually, it literally says it can be done.
    Renegade likes this.

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Suppressors and suppressed guns can’t be imported into the USA for sporting use, but whatever.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oicani View Post
    Suppressors and suppressed guns can’t be imported into the USA for sporting use, but whatever.
    The gun had a longer barrel than a mp5sd from memory and the suppressor was believed to be fake. So even if you bought one(if they sold them) I think you'd have to get the barrel pressed out and swapped for a real sd one(or a copy of it).

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by baljar View Post
    While HK has submitted the SP5k and SC 5SD to the BKA, which is the German FBI that also has the ATF role(not BAFA!) for approval, only the SP5K was produced.
    BOTH weapons were approved by the BKA despite whatever stuff you read on TFB or other websites.
    The filename of the "Feststellungsbescheid" is 130607FbZ155SelbstladepistoleSC5SD.pdf , google and it will give you the PDF.
    8. The weapons are prohibited for (german) sporting use. (which implies they can not be aquired by german sport shooters).

It is unclear why HK has not produced the SC5 SD, because its obvious that surpressors are not to be used for sport shooters in germany. That does not come as surprise nor does it mean that it would not find plenty of customers. Other companies sell MP5SD clones in Germany, like MKE from Turkey.

There is ZERO reason why the SC5SD could not be produced or exported, quite the opposite actually, it literally says it can be done.
    So you are saying there is a chance? (Insert Dumb and Dumber meme pic here)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by baljar View Post

For those that don't know, weapons that are legal for a German with a Hunter's or Collector's gun license are not always legal for a "sport shooter". Such is the case for stuff like MP5SD clones imported from MKE, short AKs, etc.
    baljar likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stottman View Post
    For those that don't know, weapons that are legal for a German with a Hunter's or Collector's gun license are not always legal for a "sport shooter". Such is the case for stuff like MP5SD clones imported from MKE, short AKs, etc.
    In the age of AK pistols, AR pistols, SIG 550 series pistols, etc. I admit to not understanding why HK could't bring in the MP5 as a pistol. If you SBR'ed it I get that you would need to make it 922 compliant (or attach an auto sear?) but there isn't anything in U.S. law keeping it out in pistol configuration, right?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GPSIG View Post
    In the age of AK pistols, AR pistols, SIG 550 series pistols, etc. I admit to not understanding why HK could't bring in the MP5 as a pistol. If you SBR'ed it I get that you would need to make it 922 compliant (or attach an auto sear?) but there isn't anything in U.S. law keeping it out in pistol configuration, right?
    NOTHING keeping them from importing pistol versions of:

416, G36, MP5, HK53, G3K, etc...
    freeride1 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links