So I’m looking to buy an HK93 or HK91 Whts ur pick and why???
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: So I’m looking to buy an HK93 or HK91 Whts ur pick and why???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default So I’m looking to buy an HK93 or HK91 Whts ur pick and why???

I’m kinda new to these two models so I wanted to ask which would you get and why? I have an sp89 and Sp5k so I really like the roll back system however I do have ar15 and ak47 and both platforms have their plus.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

As we always say, it depends. It sounds like you don't already have a 7.62x51, so if caliber isn't a concern, the HK91 is the standard. More parts available, cheaper, easier to find. If you don't have any thoughts about getting another 7.62x51, get the HK93 for caliber consistency. If you intend on getting them both, I would get whatever you find the best deal on first. Also, the recoil management style is normally termed roller delayed blowback or just roller delayed. Good luck with your search!

Sheepdog in West Texas

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

And just to muddy the waters a bit more, two things to think about.

The HK 93 will use the .223 ammo (and possibly mags)

There are HK builders out there who have built roller lock HK's in the 7.62 x 39 so the same could hold true for your AK ammo and mags.

just want to put all the info out there.

me? I have a 91 and what Surely You Jest said about 91's is true - in the roller lock world, 91 parts and mags are cheaper than 93 or 94 parts and mags.
    Last edited by wallew; 03-20-2018 at 04:19 PM.
    Protect and defend against all enemies, both foreign and domestic

A rattlesnake in the living room ends all discussion of animal rights.

"Vengeance is mine" sayeth the Lord, but sometimes he subcontracts.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Forget the '93. You already have 5.56mm with your AR15 stuff, all a '93 will do is require you to buy a bunch of different mags (not cheap) and unless you pay through your 4th point of contact to find one of the few late production ones with a faster twist barrel you can only use the 55gr. stuff in there, no 62gr. green tip. Why limit yourself like that? Bag the '93.

HK91 with trigger job, 21E or other enhanced buffer to reduce recoil, (Bill Springfield can help you with both) and a welded rail on top (TPM Outfitters) and you are rocking. There is a rail mount available that locks down with screws that will not mark up the finish like the aptly named H&K "claw" mount, but a welded rail section is infinitely better. Iron sights are still usable but now you can mount any modern optics on it that you please. Cheap mags.

"7.62 defeats cover".
    "We do bad things to bad people".

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

HK91. Next question.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I like the fact tht 93 would be same ammo. Hw do u tell if it has the faster barrel in it? Is it a certain stamped date I would be looking at ? 91 iono seems heavy to me but iono still giving it a thought.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)

Welcome to the site--- @surely you jest and @Lamont make excellent points--- I would get the HK91!!!
    On the HK93, those made from 1974-1982 (left receiver- 1974, 19/74, 1975, 1976, HG 1976, HH, HI, HK, IA, IB, and IC) have the 1:12 barrels; none imported 1983-1986; those made in 1987-1989 (left receiver- IH, II, and IK) have the 1:7 or 1:12 barrels.
    If you remove the front hand guard to expose the barrel, at the rear of the barrel, those marked "178" will be 1:7, while those marked "ICV" (or not "178") will be 1:12.

Tony
    Last edited by AGG; 03-20-2018 at 07:56 PM.
    Lamont likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the clarification on the 93

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sipher9876 View Post
    Thanks for the clarification on the 93
    Any time--- let us know what you acquire--- and pics!!!

Tony

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

If your heart is set on a 93 I wouldn't worry too much about the HK93s barrel twist unless you're shooting at magnified optic-level ranges.

Lamont makes a great point. I can't believe I forgot to mention the 91's stupid cheap high quality German mags! You won't find factory HK93 mags anywhere near that price. They're cheaper than UZI mags for corns sake.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links