B&T vs MFI mounts
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: B&T vs MFI mounts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default B&T vs MFI mounts

Hello,
    Iím hoping this is the correct place to put this.
    Iím trying to decide on a mount for my Aimpoint Micro. HKParts says that theyíre both the smallest ever. Clearly one must be better for what Iím trying to accomplish.
    My goal is to be able to look through the rear peep and be able to see the top of the front blade through the very bottom of the optic. Like a 1/4 or 1/3 cowitness.
    Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
    This is what Iím going for, but if I look through the center of the optic, the sights would be at the bottom with the dot centered:

Last edited by dan1612; 04-01-2018 at 06:18 PM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Granted you give up the ability to co-witness by replacing the rear diopter with the mount, but I can't tell you how pleased I am with this setup.

Last edited by andrew1182; 04-05-2018 at 01:19 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andrew1182 View Post
    Granted you give up the ability to co-witness by replacing the rear diopter with the mount, but I can't tell you how pleased I am with this setup.

Isnít the front in the way? Do you find yourself wanting to put the dot on the post?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

The way it was designed when my RMR was zero'd the dot sits right on top of the front post. The front post does not bother me in the slightest. I was apprehensive myself but after running it I can't imagine going with anything else. Everyone that shoots it says the same thing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andrew1182 View Post
    The way it was designed when my RMR was zero'd the dot sits right on top of the front post. The front post does not bother me in the slightest. I was apprehensive myself but after running it I can't imagine going with anything else. Everyone that shoots it says the same thing.

That is VERY clean. I do wonder whether while running and gunning, Iíd inadvertently wait while trying to aim and end up trying to put the dot on the post before pulling the trigger. Which defeats the whole point of a red dot. But itís so clean, and would obviously preserve cheekweld perfectly it may just be worth a try.

Iíve been contemplating a cheek riser on a fixed stock, with a red dot way above the irons.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I have the same set up as @Andrew 1152. I was part of a second group buy for the mount that @ Oicani organized last summer. I love the set up.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I like the BT 21241. Its longer which allows you to move the optic rearwards, which gives you some clearance with the cocking handle on the MP5K.

Check the HKPro Reference Library and you will see my thread on red dots and mounts.

FYI - BT said the 21241 is currently discontinued. They sell for $109 on GB.

Edit: I have an RMR now and plan on the above rear mount that replaces the castle sight at some point.
    Last edited by rayrevolver; 04-06-2018 at 07:00 PM.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
    I have the same set up as @Andrew 1152. I was part of a second group buy for the mount that @ Oicani organized last summer. I love the set up.
    I was also involved in the second group buy. I was hesitant regarding this set up initially, but it made sense on a K gun. After getting it, and setting my SP5K up this way (different "arm brace"), I won't change to anything else. there is no distraction from the dot. this is the way to go.

that said, I prefer B&T to MFI. The last MFI mount I had was not what I would call "up to Duty Use standards." B&T on the other hand has a "top shelf" reputation.
    HK91
    HK94
    USC/UMP
    SL8/G36
    P7M8
    P9s .45acp
    VP70Z
    USP Tactical .45acp
    V51/HK51 clone
    HK45
    HK45c
    HK 416 10.5" upper
    GSG5PK
    P30Ls
    HK45T (OD Green)
    VP9
    CR556A1
    P30SKs
    SP5K

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

My advice is do not buy an MFI mount. I tried one and found it never sat right and it scratched the hell out of my G3 clone. I had no issues with B&T other than what I had didn't work with every red dot. I ended up with a FAB defense mount and it's the best I've come across.

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

RMR on the mount that replaces the drum is the best thing going for MP5s et al.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links