Fiocchi 9mm 158gr Flat Nose in MP5
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By skullbox

Thread: Fiocchi 9mm 158gr Flat Nose in MP5

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default Fiocchi 9mm 158gr Flat Nose in MP5

I was recently informed that Fiocchi started to load their 9mm 158gr round with flat nose bullets due to increased demand from suppressor use. The 9mm 158gr Fiocchi has been a round nose bullet for many years, and was one of the very few subsonic rounds that had a round nose bullet. I've purchased the round nosed 158gr over the years but was wondering if anyone has used the newer flat nose in the 158gr and if you had any problems with it feeding. I have read comments on the forum over the years with some having trouble with flat nose ammo in general from feeding whether it be in German HK's or clones. Seems like more so than not that flat nose ammo has feeding issues in the MP5 guns for what ever reason. I do know that some flat nose ammo is better than others and that the shape can play a role in feeding.

If you have used the newer Fiocchi 9mm 158gr (9APE) Flat Nose, please post your experience and your type of MP5.

Hidden Content Hidden Content

"When the people fear the govt there is tyranny, when the govt fears the people there is liberty."
    Thomas Jefferson
    GOA Life Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They probably went from true FMJ to copper coated lead (like Berry's) because it's cheaper ? I have used those in handloads without issue in USP 9 SD and full size factory MP5 post sample.
    Last edited by Landry308; 04-25-2018 at 01:13 AM.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I’m curious if the subsonic load will cycle the MP5 action, if not shooting suppressed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    If you can't be safe...be deadly.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Can anyone comment on how the flat nose runs? Hadn't bought this stuff in so long but 2k rounds just arrived and they're flat point

Can't test it in my gun for a while and was hoping if someone could comment.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I bought a thousand rounds of it.

I have had ZERO issues with feeding/cycling through the SP5, SP5K and the PTR 9CT. It has also run 100% through my USP9SD.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GTS197 View Post
    I’m curious if the subsonic load will cycle the MP5 action, if not shooting suppressed.

Surprisingly, a "low power" load will cycle an MP5 before most other things due to the flutes in the barrel. I made some super slow (750 fps) hand loads with 165 gr projectiles. They cycled just barely. I didn't try them suppressed because I was afraid of getting an end cap strike. Not sure if the MP5 barrel is fast enough to stabilize a long bullet that slow. That being said, I shoot nothing but subs through mine. 147gr hand loads but they meet power factor.
    GTS197 and GregAB like this.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Can't speak to the Fiocchi, but Lawman and AE 147 gr flatnose run perfectly both suppressed and unsuppressed in my SP5. Sad thing is, it's very tough to find any subsonic 9mm right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 different HK clones A POF kstyle and a Zenith Z5RS both had trouble cycling different flat point ammo. 158gr FLat Nose or truncated cone usually cycle better than 147gr but if you can get it subsonic rn is alot better. Sig sauer makes subsonic 147gr Round nose that worked great in my problematic HK clones.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

SG Ammo has 147 gr Rem and 150 gr S&B for 0.27 per round.

Stuff’s gone up but it’s out there.

Sponsored Links