MR762/LRP....long range triggers.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: MR762/LRP....long range triggers.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Default MR762/LRP....long range triggers.

Hey guys:

I don't have an MR762 or an LRP......yet. Here's my request for guidance/help:

Is there an either adjustable trigger on the market of the MR762 or LRP?

OR.....is there a trigger on the market that has a 2-3lb pull?

I'm looking for something like the PSG1 type weight, or the M24 SWS type pull.

I've always been the MR556/416, but I want to dive into the MR762 market now.

This will be mostly for long range coyote shooting. Thanks in advance, just looking to learn!!!!!

{Caveat: I'm really not interest in sending off for a "trigger job"}
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I use the Geissele MR762 trigger and swap out the springs for the Hi-Speed National Match Rifle Set. First stage- 1.5 - 2.5 lbs. Second stage- 6.0 - 14 oz. Huge improvement in pull over stock spring for long range work. Too light for a run and gun battle rifle imho.
    Brad4065 likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TXHK View Post
    I use the Geissele MR762 trigger and swap out the springs for the Hi-Speed National Match Rifle Set. First stage- 1.5 - 2.5 lbs. Second stage- 6.0 - 14 oz. Huge improvement in pull over stock spring for long range work. Too light for a run and gun battle rifle imho.
    Sir: THANK YOU!!!! Do you have a link to the set up you're referring to?

Thank you in advance!!!!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

UHL out of Germany makes a drop in trigger that is adjustable. I did a review of it on one of the MR762 threads. Its much better than the Geissele in my opinion and yes I have a few Geissele's to compare it too. I got the UHL shipped from Germany for around 324.00 US. I have a G28 clone and this is the trigger I use in it.
    SR9-TC,91,MR762,416 10 inch,SL-6,SL-7,SL-8x2,MP-5N,USC and a USC to UMP 45,Tan and Black Mark 23, USP 45 Elite&Expert,USP Expert 9mmx2,USP 45T Black-Tan-Green frame's,USP 45CT,USP 45 Match HE&SS,USP 45f Green-Grey-Tan Frame's,USP 45c 50th,USP 40T,USP 40f Custom Combat Green-Tan Frame,USP 40c Green-Grey-Tan Frame's,USP 9mm SS,USP 357c,USP 9T,P2000 & P2000sk 357,HK45,HK45T Tan-OD-Black,HK45T&45 all Tan,HK45c FDEx2,VP9x3,P9S,P7 PSP,P7 M8 w/TB,VP70Z,4.380x2,19mm Flare Gunx2,26mm Flare Gunx3

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TXHK View Post
    If you go that route, you may have to be aware of what kind of your primers you've got and their hardness. I learned that the hard way trying to use factory Black Hills Match in a match gun once as it did not consistently ignite the CCI milspec primers that they use.

The Geissele is going to have more of the "softness" that's close to the fell (some might say mushyness/creep) of the PSG-1...which is pretty much the opposite of your M24. And remember they are 2-stage triggers where as the others you mention aren't...though I recall having some play in some MSG90 groups that could be considered take-up. For some weird reason my HK-specific Geissele's have felt really good and seem to be closer in weight to my SSA-E's (enhanced) than the SSA/SSF's that they are supposed to mimic...not sure if this carries over to 417/MR762's...

I don't know your experience on a bolt gun, but IF you have none and are expecting to run it like an M24 out of the gate...guess again (I don't care if it says HK or not), I know plenty of grunt snipers that will back me up on that in addition to my own growing pains on large-frame gas guns. In fact, I dare suspect that the such poor results on the Mk11/M110 are what upped the mystique/rep of the M24...like when you hang around a bunch of chud's all day at work and that 6/10 at the bar on friday seems more like an 8.5.

Good luck, and roll with the Geissele. Shoulda bought on the 4th, but there's always Labor Day.
    Last edited by dms16; 07-22-2018 at 03:30 AM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dms16 View Post
    If you go that route, you may have to be aware of what kind of your primers you've got and their hardness. I learned that the hard way trying to use factory Black Hills Match in a match gun once as it did not consistently ignite the CCI milspec primers that they use.

The Geissele is going to have more of the "softness" that's close to the fell (some might say mushyness/creep) of the PSG-1...which is pretty much the opposite of your M24. And remember they are 2-stage triggers where as the others you mention aren't...though I recall having some play in some MSG90 groups that could be considered take-up. For some weird reason my HK-specific Geissele's have felt really good and seem to be closer in weight to my SSA-E's (enhanced) than the SSA/SSF's that they are supposed to mimic...not sure if this carries over to 417/MR762's...

I don't know your experience on a bolt gun, but IF you have none and are expecting to run it like an M24 out of the gate...guess again (I don't care if it says HK or not), I know plenty of grunt snipers that will back me up on that in addition to my own growing pains on large-frame gas guns. In fact, I dare suspect that the such poor results on the Mk11/M110 are what upped the mystique/rep of the M24...like when you hang around a bunch of chud's all day at work and that 6/10 at the bar on friday seems more like an 8.5.

Good luck, and roll with the Geissele. Shoulda bought on the 4th, but there's always Labor Day.
    Thank you so much for your input/advice. Currently and for quite some time, my go to has always been the M24 with a S&B. To date {this year alone} I've tacked somewhere between 15-20 of them, and the closest one has been about 200 yds. They generally {during the day} stay from 200-800+ yds out.....it's the night time they're in our yard.

Secondly, I've got Geissele's on all my MR556's. Is the pull on the 762 the same as what's on the MR556?????? OHHHH. I don't have a gauge, but has anyone put a gauge on a 762 Geissele to see what the actual pull weight is? I'd love to know.

Thanks in advance!!!!

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dms16 View Post

Oh......forgot......Yeah.....just like the MR556.....there's NO WAY, the MR762 would even come close to a M24 out of the box.....which is why I'm searching now. Thanks again.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad4065 View Post
    Oh......forgot......Yeah.....just like the MR556.....there's NO WAY, the MR762 would even come close to a M24 out of the box.....which is why I'm searching now. Thanks again.

I'll always have time to help out ma friends.
    Brad4065 and Brad4065 like this.

Sheepdog in West Texas

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

I DO have a trigger gauge and I have measured my new to me MR762.

This rifle is so smooth. Even with the two stage trigger, it lets off ats 5 lbs every time. Consistently every time.

I do own a couple of HK 91's. One of them has the PSG1 trigger group. It has a consistent release at 3 lbs every time.

Might have to look at Geissele trigger for the MR762 to get it closer to the PSG1 trigger group...

THANKS for starting this thread. Very informational.
    Protect and defend against all enemies, both foreign and domestic

A rattlesnake in the living room ends all discussion of animal rights.

"Vengeance is mine" sayeth the Lord, but sometimes he subcontracts.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wallew View Post
    I DO have a trigger gauge and I have measured my new to me MR762.

This rifle is so smooth. Even with the two stage trigger, it lets off ats 5 lbs every time. Consistently every time.

I do own a couple of HK 91's. One of them has the PSG1 trigger group. It has a consistent release at 3 lbs every time.

Might have to look at Geissele trigger for the MR762 to get it closer to the PSG1 trigger group...

THANKS for starting this thread. Very informational.
    Hey thanks for that information. If you get a trigger, please report back. Thanks again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links