Where are all the HK 94's
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 76
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Where are all the HK 94's

  1. #1
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Sep 2008
    Location : Ocala, FL
    Posts : 14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Where are all the HK 94's

    I've been looking for a 94 for a long time and may have found one. I'm surprised that I cant find any for sale on line. Whats the deal?

  2. #2
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    HkCHUCK's Avatar
    Join Date : Nov 2001
    Location : NE Ohio
    Posts : 1,010
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TuffyMan View Post
    I've been looking for a 94 for a long time and may have found one. I'm surprised that I cant find any for sale on line. Whats the deal?

    Well, one was converted to an MP5/10mm SBR, another was converted to a MP5-N SBR and a third one was converted into an MP5SD SBR all in the
    last two or three years. What's even more scary to people looking for HK94s like you is: I am not alone.

  3. #3
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    SudS's Avatar
    Join Date : Jan 2001
    Location : Northern, VA
    Posts : 7,667
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)

    Default

    I think the introduction of the SP5k has softened the values for 94s (and the remote chance HK could import pistol versions of the 94). With lower prices for the 94, fewer people are willing to part with them, so supply has dried up a bit.
    Lamont likes this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

    Join Date : Oct 2011
    Posts : 885
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

    Default

    Yeah, for real.

    I'm in the market for a 94 as well. Originally had plans to SBR it. But now -- if I find one in stock, good shape -- I think I'll leave it alone. Maybe just pop a fake can on it to hide the pencil barrel.

    Everyone chops them up. Like the SL8. Factory condition guns are becoming very rare. Most have been modified. 10-15 years from now, folks looking for unmolested factory HK guns will have a market of maybe 10-15 guns? lol

  6. #5
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Beowulf's Avatar
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    Location : Indianapolis, IN
    Posts : 835
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sickness View Post
    Yeah, for real.

    I'm in the market for a 94 as well. Originally had plans to SBR it. But now -- if I find one in stock, good shape -- I think I'll leave it alone. Maybe just pop a fake can on it to hide the pencil barrel.

    Everyone chops them up. Like the SL8. Factory condition guns are becoming very rare. Most have been modified. 10-15 years from now, folks looking for unmolested factory HK guns will have a market of maybe 10-15 guns? lol
    Who would really want an unmolested SL8 (that wasn't already planning on moles... I mean, converting it into a G36 or XM8)? Though with the introduction of clone G36 receivers, I imagine the market for the SL8s will soften too. Sure some folks will really want a for-really real HK receiver (even if it isn't a real G36), but for the rest, it will be way cheaper and easier to get one built on one of Tom's G36 receivers. I'll bet the same has happened for USCs with the Gideon receivers hitting the market.

  7. #6
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

    Join Date : Oct 2011
    Posts : 885
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    Who would really want an unmolested SL8 (that wasn't already planning on moles... I mean, converting it into a G36 or XM8)? Though with the introduction of clone G36 receivers, I imagine the market for the SL8s will soften too. Sure some folks will really want a for-really real HK receiver (even if it isn't a real G36), but for the rest, it will be way cheaper and easier to get one built on one of Tom's G36 receivers. I'll bet the same has happened for USCs with the Gideon receivers hitting the market.
    Yeah, for the near future I would agree with you. But, like I say, 10 to 15 years from now I can see the situation change for historical-minded collectors. The gray SL8s, in particular, would be 30+ years old at that point. Bonafide antiques.
    From a historical perspective, ban-era guns were produced for only a short period of time, and a great many were modified. Fertile ground for rare collector-grade items.

    I'm not saying its a for-sure thing. Just noting that I'm often surprised what ends up constituting "collector items" -- generally it seems to be rarity more than form or function. G3 bipod anyone?

    There just IS something about an HK91 with period-correct, original accessories. Sure, it would be CHEAPER to replace the foreend with a G3 Spuhr foreend, and strap on an Atlas bipod. More functional, better quality, and cheaper. And yet original means something to folks. <shrug>

  8. #7
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    retrodog's Avatar
    Join Date : Apr 2007
    Location : Houston/Galveston TX
    Posts : 6,383
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sickness View Post
    Yeah, for real.

    I'm in the market for a 94 as well. Originally had plans to SBR it. But now -- if I find one in stock, good shape -- I think I'll leave it alone. Maybe just pop a fake can on it to hide the pencil barrel.

    Everyone chops them up. Like the SL8. Factory condition guns are becoming very rare. Most have been modified. 10-15 years from now, folks looking for unmolested factory HK guns will have a market of maybe 10-15 guns? lol
    I bought one about 7-8 years ago and did the SBR forms on 5 different guns (including the HK94) to beat the changes they did for background checks on trusts. But I didn't get around to actually converting it over until a couple of years ago. People can whine about them getting all chopped up, but the fact of the matter is that their original intent was as an MP5. The long barrel configuration is an abomination and should be corrected as soon as possible. I feel like a heretic for taking as long as I did.
    "Sometimes change sucks."- Anne Frank

    Reloading: A low impact exercise with a high impact payoff.

    Take your wife or GF to the range more. If you want her to get the bug, you've got to expose her to the disease.

  9. #8
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Sep 2008
    Location : Ocala, FL
    Posts : 14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I have an unmolested SL8-6 and it will stay that way as long as I'm alive. I see lots of hacked up HK's for sale and in my mind it ruins the value. I understand the desire for a clone but I would never cut up a gun that is no longer made or imported. If my memory still works there were only 15k or so HK 94's imported to the us. If I'm lucky enough to get one it will remain unmolested.
    sickness, sickness and sickness like this.

  10. #9
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Brad4065's Avatar
    Join Date : Dec 2009
    Location : That black SUV in your driveway
    Posts : 3,260
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HkCHUCK View Post
    Well, one was converted to an MP5/10mm SBR, another was converted to a MP5-N SBR and a third one was converted into an MP5SD SBR all in the
    last two or three years. What's even more scary to people looking for HK94s like you is: I am not alone.
    What ^^^^ said. Especially MP5 10mm
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

  11. #10
    Priest of the P7
    bastardsonofelvis's Avatar
    Join Date : May 2012
    Location : Colorado
    Posts : 4,488
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

    Default

    I've wanted a 94 since I bought a couple SP5Ks and saw how Gdamn fun 9mm roller locks are. But I'm probably not going to shell out for one. If I did, I would be hesitant to do to it what I want, so I'll probably just pick up a Zenith. Functionally, I doubt I would notice a difference, and although I'm definitely a HK snob I'm not so far down the rabbit hole that I can't convince myself a clone made on HK tooling isn't *almost* as good.
    Disregarded9-side likes this.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •