MP5 series with partial front sight hood
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MP5 series with partial front sight hood

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Default MP5 series with partial front sight hood

Did Hk ever make MP5s or MP5 front sights with the interrupted sight hood for a better sight picture using optics or was that an aftermarket modification? If factory, does anyone have any pics of them, or specs, or anything that might help one replicate it? Thanks in advance!

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am pretty sure it’s mall ninja stuff save 1 Larry Vickers vid I saw. I think the front ringing death is part of what makes the irons so intuitive and appealing. The ring makes the irons better than all other weapons irons and faster and protects them.

It’s like paying someone to cut body parts off your dog for cosmetics. There are better things to do.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

The MP5KA1 has really low profile sights on it. I think it was more to prevent drag, not mount options.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slytiger View Post
    I am pretty sure it’s mall ninja stuff save 1 Larry Vickers vid I saw. I think the front ringing death is part of what makes the irons so intuitive and appealing. The ring makes the irons better than all other weapons irons and faster and protects them.

It’s like paying someone to cut body parts off your dog for cosmetics. There are better things to do.
    Have you ever seen Hk 416 sights?!? Do you think Hk are ‘mall ninjas’?

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well you asked and started a thread. Seen a lot of 416’s at Fort Lewis in 2nd Ranger Battalion.
    The 416 are improved AR-15’s that HK hashed out to keep up with the trendy mall ninjas that believe the AR-15 are the best rifles ever made when the reality is that a Colt AR-15 needs a bolt every 3-7,000 rounds and all kinds of other parts like barrels.. Not to mention that the best AR-15 magazines are as good as the very worst AK-47 magazines.

The 416/7 don’t have the complete ring because the AR-15 has a straight stock that is in line with the bore, which forces the iron sights to be tall. The full circle might be too much. It was one of the things people wanted after the Korean War because the rifles would get so hot that soldiers couldn’t see their irons sights when facing hordes of human wave offenses.
    Last edited by Slytiger; 12-01-2018 at 01:25 PM.

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

Not to mention that the best AR-15 magazines are as good as the very worst AK-47 magazines
    Time to put down the pipe, son, you've had too much.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It is true. AR-15 mags have been historically poor. I remember when the US Army had to swap every single green follower to yellow ones because the GI mags were so bad. That is why people mark their magazines. It is to see if one cannot handle a topped off 30 rounds, or if a certain magazine keeps giving you jams. How long have you been in this game?

As for the sights, I wouldn’t cut them down unless you wanted some low profile optic setup and the ring hood bothered you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The full circle might be too much.
    Might be too much, what, physically tall?

Even though it isn't a full circle it works pretty much the same as the G3 sights. Pretty sure the only open ring MP5 sights were cut by the owners, there are several members here who have done so.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Functional? Yes. Aesthetically pleasing to the MP5? Hell no.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

It is true. AR-15 mags have been historically poor. I remember when the US Army had to swap every single green follower to yellow ones because the GI mags were so bad. That is why people mark their magazines. It is to see if one cannot handle a topped off 30 rounds, or if a certain magazine keeps giving you jams. How long have you been in this game?

As for the sights, I wouldn’t cut them down unless you wanted some low profile optic setup and the ring hood bothered you.
    You seemingly have never handled/used a HK 30rnd Maritime mag, sprinkled with tiny flakes of magic Teutonic unicorn $hit that makes them harder than diamond and they never jam.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn’t mean they're not after you!"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links