UMP magazine question

Thread: UMP magazine question

Tex
    HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default UMP magazine question

I know it was discussed before. Did anyone ever have any luck converting 40 cal mags to 10mm ?

Thanks
    "The hand of the aggressor is stayed by strength – and strength alone."
    "We must be ready to dare all for our country. For history does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid. We must acquire proficiency in defense and display stamina in purpose."
    Dwight D. Eisenhower

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not to my knowledge. So I’m not the only person wanting a 10mm UMP.

Tex
    HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would love one if it can handle the power. Also would want to use .40 magazines, GG mags just don't appeal to me even though I have a ton of them. If there is room in the factory mag, there has got to be a way to remove that spine inside the housing. I have access to a state of the art machine shop who may can assist in this project. More later.....

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

The only way that I know of to get to a 10mm UMP/USC is to use a grease gun lower. Grease gun mags can be easily converted to feed 10mm.

There were two kinds of grease-gun lowers. An all aluminum model which accepts a normal USC stock. And a polymer model that has a built in folding stock. At one point, I had both, and got rid of the polymer model because it didn't feed reliably for me, and mags would drop loose under heavy fire. Others may have had different results but the polymer "Special Weapons" kit seems like "Special Olympics" to me.

The aluminum model is good to go, not sure who made it honestly - picked it up off gunbroker.

I am not using my aluminum GG lower and would consider selling it. I have it, and the Hera Arms stock in storage back in NY somewhere. The Hera kit allows use of an ACR, M4 style stock, or even ACE style stuff if you get the ACE to M4 stuff. If you're interested, PM me and maybe we can work something out. I'll be going back to NY for the holidays so I can dig it out and get pics for you.
    Own: HK91, SR9, SP5k, G36k, HK416, P30L, 2x P8, 2x P8A1, USP9, USP9 FDE
    Future: Done, until HK comes out with something new & nifty. Might start building an FNH collection.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ybnqskp View Post
    Not to my knowledge. So I’m not the only person wanting a 10mm UMP.
    I've been toying with the idea myself.

I have been considering getting an Omega UMP-style upper, chopping my USC 45 ACP barrel, and moving everything from my USC/UMP to the Omega receiver as a pistol. I'd shoot an UMP pistol config more often than the 16" carbine version, I'm sure.

Then I could go back to the grease gun lower on the USC and build out a 10mm. Only thing stopping me is the lack of a 16" .40 barrel. I'd want to develop as much velocity out of it as possible if I'm building a carbine.

Also toying with the idea of a 16" 9mm barrel for the USC. I've previously modified a GG mag to take 9mm as an experiment. As I recall it held 45rds (or was it 50?) of 9mm.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think Wade Bailey May have made a few 16” 40cal barrels when the UMP conversions began about 10 years ago.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ybnqskp View Post
    I think Wade Bailey May have made a few 16” 40cal barrels when the UMP conversions began about 10 years ago.
    Could be, but I wouldn't know how to source them by now. My only other alternatives would be to SBR or get Alumilite or someone to make me an 8" linear compensator / fake can that I can have soldered onto the barrel.
    I guess a fake can wouldn't be terrible; 10mm uses fast powders, so an 8" barrel should get it moving.

Sponsored Links