Limb saver on G3 stock (or other recoil pad experiences) - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Limb saver on G3 stock (or other recoil pad experiences)

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Landpimp View Post
    I have a HK heavy buffer(forget which one) and the 21 buttpad on a SAR3-k-ish(with KAC rail, 2x aimpoint, so it a heavy gun).......and recoil is no issue at all, I can run 100's of rounds thru and I feel no worse for it. My buddies 110lb girlfriend ran that gun like it was made for her....she just kept asking for more mags ;)

only thing I don't always like about the 21 buttpad is that it can grab on my clothing when bringing to shoulder...but the plus side is it stays put once shouldered

yes, I wish the stock was a bit shorter. Worse yet is the SG1 stock on my 93, its a bit longer yet
    I had the same set up, with a COMPML2-2X, but with a full length SAR-3/8, vertical grip on M-Lok forearm, sniper buttstock (w/o the cheekpiece attached) with hvy buffer and HK-21 buttpad. I finally ditched the sniper stock and HK-21 buttpad, because the length and weight was just more than I wanted, and it felt slow to shoulder.

I retrofitted it with a standard A3 stock and put a PCS heavy buffer in that. That has been the best solution so far for me. LOP feels perfect.
    "Remain yourself, in spite of all the mighty do."
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthk View Post
    Hmm, my HK91 is soft shooting. Very reasonable to me.
    Yeah, I agree. Considering the "thump" that 7.62 NATO puts on target, I feel that the recoil impulse is pretty mild. I know others have looked for some recoil reduction, but the modifications I did on mine were driven solely by my desire for a longer length of pull.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

HK21 pad works well. Hell, the G3 doesn’t kick that hard, even on full auto.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'm with ghosthk, I don't think it recoils that hard. Maybe some shooters are too used to the .223 AR and expect the same experience.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links