Roller lock platforms maintenance

Thread: Roller lock platforms maintenance

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Roller lock platforms maintenance

Hi Yal ,wondering if anybody has a link to or came across a good tutorial on how to grease or lube up ,maintain roller lock platforms ( g3 ,hk33 ,mp5 etc ) I have my own way but wanted to know how itís done to factory or military spec ,canít find anything decent out there on www,appreciate your help ,hope yal get a chance to play with your toys over the holidays ,have a good Xmas

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The Bundeswehr manuals don't tell much besides clean and lightly oil.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for reply ,I was once told to use grease, I was hoping someone knew more about that

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The weapons lube of the Bundeswehr was good old LSA as used by the USArmy on the M14. You can buy a quart surplus for almost nothing. I use one of the cheap acid brushes you can buy at hardware or auto parts stores to paint it on shiny surfaces and on the rollers.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for help ......another question ... I have a buddy who put a barrel in a mp5 clone and lined up everthing perfectly square etc ,he installed barrel and triple frame complete that came from a parts kit but the loading tube is now not centered perfectly ,it was perfectly aligned half way through installation and even after ....but now it’s been test fired and checked out for headspace it seems to have shifted ,is it major important that the loading tube is square in the triple frame or is it just for astethics .

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Owners manual on my 91, 93, and 94 only indicates clean and lightly oil for maintenance.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Is it actually touching the triple tree or is it just off center? If touching triple tree it can interfere with accurracy. When welding they can come off center as the welds shrink. Pics help with answering these questions.

If its not touching I would not worry too much about it.

Sponsored Links