PSG-1 on an SLG95 reciever?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: PSG-1 on an SLG95 reciever?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default PSG-1 on an SLG95 reciever?

Hello all-

I recently picked up a complete upper built on a SLG95 receiver with a PSG-1 forearm and 24" heavy barrel (1" diameter). Does anyone know if Inter-Ordnance ever offered a "factory" PSG-1 style rifle, or is this a custom build? The seller I bought it from obtained it as part of an estate and had zero history on it.

My other question is about the trunion- It has the "standard" trunion, so there is a little wobble in the back of the hand guard. I have seen a few "trunion extensions" for PSG style rifles, do these simply weld on to the front of the existing trunion, or does the barrel need to be removed from the reciever to add it?

Thank you for any information!

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I don't remember seeing any PSG-1 trigger options for the SLG95, just a standard trigger. Sounds like your set up is a custom build, trigger work or a purchase of a PSG-1 on the for sale section of forums or Gunbroker. Not cheap, expect a $1000+ price tag, though you might get lucky. Others would have to chime in on the PSG-1 barrel extension.
    Bill
    Home

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by M1ASPRINGFIELD View Post
    Hello all-

I recently picked up a complete upper built on a SLG95 receiver with a PSG-1 forearm and 24" heavy barrel (1" diameter). Does anyone know if Inter-Ordnance ever offered a "factory" PSG-1 style rifle, or is this a custom build? The seller I bought it from obtained it as part of an estate and had zero history on it.

My other question is about the trunion- It has the "standard" trunion, so there is a little wobble in the back of the hand guard. I have seen a few "trunion extensions" for PSG style rifles, do these simply weld on to the front of the existing trunion, or does the barrel need to be removed from the reciever to add it?

Thank you for any information!
    Sounds like you have a custom build. An FMP receiver with an old 24" JLD heavy barrel would be my guess.

It may be possible to cut the extension in half and tack weld it in a couple of spots on the front of the receiver. Personally, I would send off to Mr. Walters to pull the trunnion and barrel and weld the extension on. Here's his Commercial area on this site, send him a PM.: https://www.hkpro.com/forum/parabellum-combat-systems/

Now you just need to post a picture of it! Welcome aboard!
    A voice from the past whispers in my ear, “Brethren, keep your powder dry.”

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

The only "factory" PSG1-type rifle that I am aware of is the Springfield Armory HBCS, with Leupold Model LP49801 Gold Ring Vari-X III 6.5x20x40mm scope, PSG-1 trigger pack, Versa-Pod bipod and mount, Smith Enterprise custom muzzle brake, and Buffer Technologies recoil buffer!!!

Tony

jfk
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I believe the Springfield Armory HBCS came with Springfield 4-16 mildot scope on a 1" tube. There were other scopes around that era that were more desirable.
    I sold my HK's and bought a whole bunch of Century C93s. The best rifles on the planet bar none. I love the C93 pistols with the 12 o' clock slot!

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I once bought an MSG90 clone with a standard, not extended trunion. I scored a trunion extension (IGF I think) from a member here. If your triple frame is properly cut and welded to the cocking tube, like mine was, you should be able to slip fit the trunnion extension over the barrel in order to stabilize the handguard.
    This is not a fix, but a temporary solution that helps with the handguard wobble.
    It let me shoot the rifle without worrying about damaging the rare psg1 handguard or modified cocking tube.

Good luck with your build, looks like you've got a good start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you ALL of the info! I was a member here a few years back and managed to forget my username/password, hence the "first post", LOL. I promise pics by tomorrow, just getting home from work now.

The upper/finish apears well done, but this one has a few scuffs on it. I'll likely get it refinished, and if so, I would likely have the trunion done at that time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HKaltwasser View Post
    Sounds like you have a custom build. An FMP receiver with an old 24" JLD heavy barrel would be my guess.
    Just curious, anyone hear anything about the quality of the JLD barrels? I can't find a stamp or proof mark on the barrel anywhere, so I can guess it's not HK for sure. Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bspring1 View Post
    I don't remember seeing any PSG-1 trigger options for the SLG95, just a standard trigger. Sounds like your set up is a custom build, trigger work or a purchase of a PSG-1 on the for sale section of forums or Gunbroker. Not cheap, expect a $1000+ price tag, though you might get lucky. Others would have to chime in on the PSG-1 barrel extension.
    Bill
    Home
    Interestingly enough, I had already been on your site before I posted this. Your solid reputation precedes you, I've been reading about your excellent trigger work online for years!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beavizard View Post
    I once bought an MSG90 clone with a standard, not extended trunion. I scored a trunion extension (IGF I think) from a member here. If your triple frame is properly cut and welded to the cocking tube, like mine was, you should be able to slip fit the trunnion extension over the barrel in order to stabilize the handguard.
    This is not a fix, but a temporary solution that helps with the handguard wobble.
    It let me shoot the rifle without worrying about damaging the rare psg1 handguard or modified cocking tube.

Good luck with your build, looks like you've got a good start.
    Thank you, just a matter of time and money now. I may have to sell a few toys, but I think I want to do this build the right way.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links