Anyone ID this MP5 SD front end? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anyone ID this MP5 SD front end?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

VX666

I would be inclined to replace the barrel anyways. You can pick up a B&T SD barrel from HKParts.net
    Sell the take out barrel or keep it for a spare. My guess is there may be some codes on the barrel but
    it probably is covered by carbon deposits. You will probably have clean them off with Hoppes No. 9
    ,some steel wool and a carbon scrapper to get down to bare metal.
    Been there done that, it was a pain trying to do that thru the cage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

@HkCHUCK I don't have the tools yet to headspace a new barrel unfortunately, and I would have to reweld a receiver to it as it's just a front end

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VX666 View Post
    @HkCHUCK I don't have the tools yet to headspace a new barrel unfortunately, and I would have to reweld a receiver to it as it's just a front end
    A problem with the first batch of Omega SD's was the welding of the suppressor cage to the receiver. It was not lined up
    correctly such that when people went to screw their suppressors on the cage interfered with the suppressors reaching the
    threads at the base of the barrel and/or if your suppressor would screw on the canting of the cage and front sight made accuracy
    poor. You had to send the receivers back to Omega for correction.

Just a thought to keep in mind. I am all thumbs when it comes to anything mechanical so all my gun projects are sent
    away for building.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

@HkCHUCK not sure if this is an Omega?

The cage does seem to be welded correctly but i thought the problem you mentioned was with the barrel needing to be replaced? Does it appear to need replacing?
    Last edited by VX666; 02-21-2019 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Typos corrected and question on barrel replace appended

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

The front end looks like an HK German one based on the text appearing on the mag well. At the time of the problems with the
    first batch of Omega SD's I seem to recall the problem was attributed to the cage being out of wack. I suppose you could search for
    the threads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

@SudS the image was a little too big for my tiny screen, could you possibly enlarge it any more? ;D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links