I did try using search functionality but couldnít find any answer for these questions.
1. Iím trying to remove the stock on my G36 and install a different stock. Does the stock pin come out upwards or downwards? I donít want to try something silly and break it.
2. Is the push pin on the handguard same size as the push pin on the magwell? I only have one pin and it fits in the handguard but doesnít fit in the magwell.
3. When mounting a dual optics, is the front mounting screw different than other mounting screws?
Any help on this is much appreciated.
2. All 3 pushpins same
3. Front screw for optic carry handle is longer.
1. With care, and the correct punch, you can drive it out either way, nothing tapered. Still, some will have Tom Bostic swap stock rather than worry about cracking a receiver. If in doubt, send it out.
4. What sweersa said ;-)
I use an E/SL8 length stripped piston rod to drift out the stock pin. I have been using it for years without any issues.
It’s at least a stock block conversion as the SL8 stock screws are visible in the first picture.
On the magwell, the picture shows that the holes aren’t lined up. Try pushing the paddle mag release slightly forward while pushing up on the magwell.
I might get one of Tom Bostic ones with fixed G36C.
Also, the surefire weapon light that I bought wonít fit as mine is a full size G36