G36 questions
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: G36 questions

  1. #1
    Senior Member

    Join Date : Feb 2018
    Posts : 112
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default G36 questions

    Hi,
    I did try using search functionality but couldnít find any answer for these questions.

    1. Iím trying to remove the stock on my G36 and install a different stock. Does the stock pin come out upwards or downwards? I donít want to try something silly and break it.





    2. Is the push pin on the handguard same size as the push pin on the magwell? I only have one pin and it fits in the handguard but doesnít fit in the magwell.






    3. When mounting a dual optics, is the front mounting screw different than other mounting screws?





    Any help on this is much appreciated.

  2. #2
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    sweersa's Avatar
    Join Date : Jan 2012
    Location : Michigan
    Posts : 2,373
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auser6664 View Post
    Hi,
    I did try using search functionality but couldnít find any answer for these questions.

    1. Iím trying to remove the stock on my G36 and install a different stock. Does the stock pin come out upwards or downwards? I donít want to try something silly and break it.
    Hello, the stock roll pin can be drifted out either direction. You want to use a roll pin punch over a regular punch, if possible.

    Quote Originally Posted by Auser6664 View Post
    2. Is the push pin on the handguard same size as the push pin on the magwell? I only have one pin and it fits in the handguard but doesnít fit in the magwell.
    Yes, all G36/SL8 push pins are the same. Try moving the magazine well around until the pin fits.

    Quote Originally Posted by Auser6664 View Post
    3. When mounting a dual optics, is the front mounting screw different than other mounting screws?
    Yes, the dual or single optics require a longer screw in the forward most hole.
    Auser6664 likes this.
    Hidden Content
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

  3. #3
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    kbinmt's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Location : Big Sky Country
    Posts : 2,802
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

    Default

    2. All 3 pushpins same
    3. Front screw for optic carry handle is longer.

    1. With care, and the correct punch, you can drive it out either way, nothing tapered. Still, some will have Tom Bostic swap stock rather than worry about cracking a receiver. If in doubt, send it out.


    4. What sweersa said ;-)
    Auser6664 likes this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

  5. #4
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    sweersa's Avatar
    Join Date : Jan 2012
    Location : Michigan
    Posts : 2,373
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auser6664 View Post
    Thank you so much for the quick response !
    Happy to help!

    Enjoy your HK.

  6. #5
    Senior Member

    Join Date : Feb 2018
    Posts : 112
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default G36 questions

    Quote Originally Posted by sweersa View Post
    Hello, the stock roll pin can be drifted out either direction. You want to use a roll pin punch over a regular punch, if possible.



    Yes, all G36/SL8 push pins are the same. Try moving the magazine well around until the pin fits.



    Yes, the dual or single optics require a longer screw in the forward most hole.
    Thank you so much for the quick response !


    Quote Originally Posted by kbinmt View Post
    2. All 3 pushpins same
    3. Front screw for optic carry handle is longer.

    1. With care, and the correct punch, you can drive it out either way, nothing tapered. Still, some will have Tom Bostic swap stock rather than worry about cracking a receiver. If in doubt, send it out.


    4. What sweersa said ;-)
    Thanks! Iíll try that
    Last edited by Auser6664; 03-17-2019 at 01:23 AM.

  7. #6
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    Nzfly's Avatar
    Join Date : Aug 2011
    Posts : 1,988
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

    Default

    I use an E/SL8 length stripped piston rod to drift out the stock pin. I have been using it for years without any issues.
    kbinmt, Auser6664 and Jdyer like this.

  8. #7
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    Nzfly's Avatar
    Join Date : Aug 2011
    Posts : 1,988
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auser6664 View Post
    Hi,
    I did try using search functionality but couldn’t find any answer for these questions.

    1. I’m trying to remove the stock on my G36 and install a different stock. Does the stock pin come out upwards or downwards? I don’t want to try something silly and break it.





    2. Is the push pin on the handguard same size as the push pin on the magwell? I only have one pin and it fits in the handguard but doesn’t fit in the magwell.






    3. When mounting a dual optics, is the front mounting screw different than other mounting screws?





    Any help on this is much appreciated.
    Will you post a picture of the entire gun? Is this a conversion?

  9. #8
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    dwillHK's Avatar
    Join Date : Mar 2006
    Location : South FL, USA
    Posts : 3,106
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Default

    It’s at least a stock block conversion as the SL8 stock screws are visible in the first picture.

    On the magwell, the picture shows that the holes aren’t lined up. Try pushing the paddle mag release slightly forward while pushing up on the magwell.
    Auser6664 likes this.

  10. #9
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    Nzfly's Avatar
    Join Date : Aug 2011
    Posts : 1,988
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dwillHK View Post
    It’s at least a stock block conversion as the SL8 stock screws are visible in the first picture.

    On the magwell, the picture shows that the holes aren’t lined up. Try pushing the paddle mag release slightly forward while pushing up on the magwell.
    A polymer block at that! Could that be one of the early @tbostic blocks?

  11. #10
    Senior Member

    Join Date : Feb 2018
    Posts : 112
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default G36 questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Nzfly View Post
    I use an E/SL8 length stripped piston rod to drift out the stock pin. I have been using it for years without any issues.
    Thanks. Iíll give it a try. I think I have an extra piston rod

    Quote Originally Posted by dwillHK View Post
    Itís at least a stock block conversion as the SL8 stock screws are visible in the first picture.

    On the magwell, the picture shows that the holes arenít lined up. Try pushing the paddle mag release slightly forward while pushing up on the magwell.
    Iíll definitely look into pushing in the paddle mag release. Thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nzfly View Post
    A polymer block at that! Could that be one of the early @tbostic blocks?
    This is a TN lower and stock.



    I might get one of Tom Bostic ones with fixed G36C.

    Also, the surefire weapon light that I bought wonít fit as mine is a full size G36

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts