PSG1 Grip- Is it German? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: PSG1 Grip- Is it German?

Tug
    Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, the reason this person needs to go to jail for 10 years is because the stippling pattern is a little different on this man's gun.

This is the sort of thing of a failing nation. A nation of laws that the people ridicule.
    M1ASPRINGFIELD likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tug View Post
    Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, the reason this person needs to go to jail for 10 years is because the stippling pattern is a little different on this man's gun.

This is the sort of thing of a failing nation. A nation of laws that the people ridicule.
    Oh, the nuance and joys of 922(r). I wonder if I could get a DNA test on the wood that would tell the national origin of the wood and if the craftsman ate schnitzel or cheeseburgers for lunch the day the grip was created...
    mmissile likes this.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

But if you tested for Snitzel and they ate Rolladen the day they made it..... oh the chaos that would ensue....

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I say it's a German made PSG1 trigger assembly. The stippling and hex nut look the same as on my SR9TC.
    mmissile and M1ASPRINGFIELD like this.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looks German. The link showing the RTG grip has a completely different profile and there's no confusing the two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HKaltwasser View Post
    I disagree, looks like an original HK German to me. The JD American one has slightly different stippling and has a smooth area around the the screw mount.

Calling on John Downey, is this one of yours?
    Late to the show.... I usually look into the clone forum, you caught me on a night when I'm avoiding working.

The OP's grip looks German to me, but that is based on photos I've seen and descriptions that friends have given me as to how they were made. I've also never seen a repro palm shelf that was done like the German ones (ie the OP's).

The one in the link, and sold by RTG as US made are mine. They are always stamped USA inside the cut at the top (the straight cut through the curved top, its relief for a weld on the lower). The stamp is small, but it's there. Mine are also made from a single piece of wood rather than two glued together (glutton for punishment I am). Stippling is different on mine, I use very pointy tools because I like rough stipple and I figure those who don't can knock it down a bit if they like. My shelves are the weakest part, cast urethane as opposed to molded rubber. Mine use and allen head cap screw and have a captured weld nut cast into the plastic. I'm working on making shelves more like that one, still one piece (that one is two or at least two halves) but softer rubber and with a non-tool bolt like that one.

I would bet the shape of my grips is different too, but I've never had an original in hand so that is a guess. I went from pictures and adjusted for comfort.
    HKaltwasser likes this.

Sheepdog in West Texas

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

What ANOPSTYX said ^^^^^^ I'm comparing my psg1 to this one and it appears to be spot on a real German. Please note on the German one, there is a 'small groove' that your finger nail can fit in. that runs around the right side of the grip and is the line where the stippling stops on the right side. And it's made of two pieces of wood for the German grip

The US made one does not have the small groove. The US made one is made out of one piece of wood. And the bottom rubber piece is made of plastic.
    Last edited by wallew; 04-19-2019 at 04:51 PM.
    A rattlesnake in the living room ends all discussion of animal rights.

"Vengeance is mine" sayeth the Lord, but sometimes he subcontracts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links