HKPRO Forums banner

PSG1 Grip- Is it German?

5K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  wallew 
#1 ·
Hello all- Similar topic as my other post: I was able to pick up a PSG1 Pistol Grip, but can't tell if it is genuine HK, or a damn good clone. Any thoughts on telling the difference?

Just trying to determine the maker for 922r compliance and decide if I should use this or a Ergo Grip for my build. Thanks!

Hand
Knife Blade

See less See more
#3 ·
Hello all- Similar topic as my other post: I was able to pick up a PSG1 Pistol Grip, but can't tell if it is genuine HK, or a damn good clone. Any thoughts on telling the difference?

Just trying to determine the maker for 922r compliance and decide if I should use this or a Ergo Grip for my build. Thanks!

View attachment 228796 View attachment 228798 View attachment 228800
Looks US to me https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/PSG1-WOOD-GRIP-U-S-MADE-3p13.htm

#4 · (Edited)
It looks good, and a vendor says it looks US-made..............I don't know.

Reactions: M1ASPRINGFIELD
#7 ·
Keen eye.

#17 · (Edited)
What ANOPSTYX said ^^^^^^ I'm comparing my psg1 to this one and it appears to be spot on a real German. Please note on the German one, there is a 'small groove' that your finger nail can fit in. that runs around the right side of the grip and is the line where the stippling stops on the right side. And it's made of two pieces of wood for the German grip

The US made one does not have the small groove. The US made one is made out of one piece of wood. And the bottom rubber piece is made of plastic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.