Namibian Furniture - still desired stuff? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Namibian Furniture - still desired stuff?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GreenDragon11 View Post
    I had a set for awhile. The wide handguards are sized oddly, fitment varies from set to set. If you add a bipod there is a chance it will be too tight on the ring of the Namibians and will need to be filed down.
    The stocks on those sets are also generally awful. Too long and heavy, and the buttpads on most sets I've handle seem to disintegrate at first touch.

Personally, I moved around 4 or 5 sets of Namibian furniture I had shipped from South Africa. They are kind of like collapsible HK-G3 stocks... they look cool until you shoulder a rifle with one equipped. Probably desirable for some, but only until they take it to the range the first time.
    Totally agree with you on that. The stock is designed for the tall boers and their rather long necks. And also because the South Africans did love their FALs. They are more of a collector's item today and I thought some people would dig it.

Buttpads are aweful. Replacement are like every month or so if using the rifle a lot.
    EX UNITATE VIRES

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I'd like to get a butt, to use as a pattern for something in Walnut or Maple.

Dennis
    I fix the radar you'all try to stay under...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Conelrad View Post

Dennis
    Man, that would look great. Though I believe a stock like that in walnut or maple would weight a ton. Even current one is very heavy.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I think I have a wooden one. PM me if interested and I can dig it up for images.

Quote Originally Posted by Conelrad View Post

Dennis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by team_1911 View Post
    Man, that would look great. Though I believe a stock like that in walnut or maple would weight a ton. Even current one is very heavy.
    If it was hollowed out like the factory wood, I think you would be okay. If left solid, I would agree.

I wanted one of the Namibian sets because I'm 6'3" and thought the length of pull would fit my long-ass arms. Then I read about fit problems, weight and $h!tty butt pad and decided to pass.

I do think there is a collector element to the stocks, but for practical use most here are going to pass.

G57

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's what I figured. Unfortunately, the South African made furniture was one of the few failures of the South African defense industry. And they were rarely used due to the fact of being crappy...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links