B&T top rail mount - unmarked, authentic?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GuntherRommel

Thread: B&T top rail mount - unmarked, authentic?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default B&T top rail mount - unmarked, authentic?

So I'm relatively new to the HK scene and just picked up a used B&T top rail mount for HK weapons from gatewoodsupply. Does anyone know if B&T released sterile versions, or if what I have is a knockoff?

A few things I noted (this should be a 21262-1, from the looks of it) is that what I received appears to have a removable top rail. Most other examples on the internet appear to have a one piece body.

Other than that, it seems well-made.

mew
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

afaik all the BT 21262's are marked with the logo. I had a genuine on my HK and one like yours on my PTR way back. The knockoff seemed well made and works the same as the BT just cheaper.
    The one Gateway is selling show's the logo, if yours doesn't it's probably a knockoff. $90 bucks is high for a used BT either way ymmv.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
    Edmund Burke

Banned

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yours is different a little, BTW thanks Mark !!!
    B&T top rail mount - unmarked, authentic?-20190522_101134.jpg B&T top rail mount - unmarked, authentic?-20190522_101624.jpg
    Last edited by GuntherRommel; 05-22-2019 at 05:25 PM.
    mew likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mew View Post
    afaik all the BT 21262's are marked with the logo. I had a genuine on my HK and one like yours on my PTR way back. The knockoff seemed well made and works the same as the BT just cheaper.
    The one Gateway is selling show's the logo, if yours doesn't it's probably a knockoff. $90 bucks is high for a used BT either way ymmv.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuntherRommel View Post
    Yours is different a little, BTW thanks Mark !!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190522_101134.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	4.64 MB 
ID:	233126 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190522_101624.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	4.60 MB 
ID:	233128
    Thanks. I emailed back and was told these were police trade ins and it was not possible to confirm as these were not directly purchased. I asked if any marked mounts were in stock and if it was possible to exchange.
    Last edited by Apec; 05-22-2019 at 05:53 PM.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Never owned anything B&T that wasn’t marked and numbered. Doesn’t mean they don’t exist, my 2 centavos.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Apec View Post
    Thanks. I emailed back and was told these were police trade ins and it was not possible to confirm as these were not directly purchased. I asked if any marked mounts were in stock and if it was possible to exchange.
    So they sold it as a B&T rail and now tell you that they can't confirm that it is actually B&T. Sounds suspicious to me. That said, I have had a fair amount of correspondence over the last few years with B&T regarding bits and pieces for my HKs, and about a B&T 96k that is marked "HK MP 5k PDW SF" and they have done some unusual small runs of items that never got into their catalog.

You might go on the B&T web site and send them a message with photos and ask if they made your rail. You can write to them in English and they will respond.
    If "Dirty Harry" had been made in 1996:
    "I know what you're thinking: 'Did he fire twelve shots or only eleven?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being this is a HK MARK 23, the only offensive handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Default B&T top rail mount - unmarked, authentic?

Are the screw backplates aluminum or plastic? Where did you buy it from? I bought two from a place in CA in 2015, neither fit right and are also unmarked. Once I got my hands on a real one it was easy to see just by weight that the first two were copies.

If you have a postal or food scale, weigh it and maybe someone else here can weigh theirs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01 / 03

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Never saw a B&T with the countersunk flathead screws on the underside before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    So they sold it as a B&T rail and now tell you that they can't confirm that it is actually B&T. Sounds suspicious to me. That said, I have had a fair amount of correspondence over the last few years with B&T regarding bits and pieces for my HKs, and about a B&T 96k that is marked "HK MP 5k PDW SF" and they have done some unusual small runs of items that never got into their catalog.

You might go on the B&T web site and send them a message with photos and ask if they made your rail. You can write to them in English and they will respond.

Yeah - they got back to me. I replied with photos and am awaiting a response.

Quote Originally Posted by jt15550 View Post
    Are the screw backplates aluminum or plastic? Where did you buy it from? I bought two from a place in CA in 2015, neither fit right and are also unmarked. Once I got my hands on a real one it was easy to see just by weight that the first two were copies.

If you have a postal or food scale, weigh it and maybe someone else here can weigh theirs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gatewood Supply Co - anyhow, Ben's offered to exchange for a BT marked one, so I think we're good.
    Last edited by Apec; 05-25-2019 at 09:50 PM.

Sponsored Links