Painting the hardware on wood furniture?

Thread: Painting the hardware on wood furniture?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Painting the hardware on wood furniture?

Hello Guys!

I am having an FMP kit build, and I love the way the HK black looks on the rifle. However, I've yet to see wood furniture with painted hardware. I'm not sure if I should have the parkerized metal painted. Suggestions, ideas? I'm a purist, and I'm wondering if I should just leave the FMP build parkerized. Anyone have any photos of painted metal hardware? I don't want to ruin any parts that might be hard to get.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boom1911 View Post
    Hello Guys!

I am having an FMP kit build, and I love the way the HK black looks on the rifle. However, I've yet to see wood furniture with painted hardware. I'm not sure if I should have the parkerized metal painted. Suggestions, ideas? I'm a purist, and I'm wondering if I should just leave the FMP build parkerized. Anyone have any photos of painted metal hardware? I don't want to ruin any parts that might be hard to get.
    Do you mean like this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Painting the hardware on wood furniture?-20181229_151017_1549034780373.jpg   Painting the hardware on wood furniture?-20181027_141828_1541004635883.jpg   Painting the hardware on wood furniture?-20181027_123642_1541004581928.jpg  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SgtHorvath View Post
    Do you mean like this?
    That looks really good actually! Thanks for sharing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you, and you're welcome. The receiver was obviously bare steel, but the stock end plate and the handguard both had a lot of parkerizing, or paint, or whatever it was, still left. I just scotch brighted it to rough up the finish a bit, and painted it. I used Duracoat Tactical Flat Black, and I was really pleased with it.

Sponsored Links