Roller-lock accuracy mods

Thread: Roller-lock accuracy mods

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Default Roller-lock accuracy mods

So, how do the various modifications that were done for the psg1 and msg90 rank in terms of practical effect?

I imagine the heavier barrel, and receiver stiffening are the top two?

I've seen various threads and articles about the various mods to those rifles, but never a study of which modifications yield the best results, or how they rank in importance.
    Own: HK91, SR9, SP5k, G36k, HK416, P30L, 2x P8, 2x P8A1, USP9, USP9 FDE
    Future: SP5 inbound

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Based on the builds I've done, I would say the trick is finding and maintaining the ideal bolt gap for your particular rifle/load. The half-moon "rollers" are obviously a way to help insure true, consistent lockup. But rollers that don't roll is as goofy as it sounds. The roller delay action is the biggest hurdle.

I've done accuracy builds with heavy and light barrels; with and without receiver enforcement; with regular and half-moon rollers. It didn't really matter, but Mike at TSC was very, very particular (as he is about everything) about the bolt lockup and maintaining it once he got it tuned right.

As time goes on, I'm beginning to believe that profile contour may be more critical than pure thickness until we get into heavy volume fire.

Just my $0.02
    Last edited by dms16; 06-13-2019 at 01:32 AM.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

The trigger system makes a big difference, at least an MOA or more from just that.

At least that is where I'd start.

DG
    I fix the radar you'all try to stay under...

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I agree on the trigger. Having a predictable, clean trigger break does make a difference.
    Rollerlocks....

*Locked out of my original AKR account...

jfk
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I say a good barrel with a properly set gap and trigger will yield best results. I went shooting with board member Kobra. He brought along a Springfield G3 (the post ban ugly muzzle thingy on the end). I watched him put five rounds at the 100 yard range into the size of a quarter with iron sights. His gun was all stock, no mods. He's a good rifle shooter.
    I sold my HK's and bought a whole bunch of Century C93s. The best rifles on the planet bar none. I love the C93 pistols with the 12 o' clock slot!

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Well, I already have a very nice trigger. I have a Williams set trigger that I whittled down the trigger width to accept a PSG1 shoe.

Scoped @100 yds , with Federal GMM my average group size is with my SR9 is 1.2" - smallest recorded group was 0.8" largest was 1.6" ... given the extreme of the high and low results, a lot of it is probably me (i.e. shooter error)

But since I am planning on getting the barrel threaded for suppressor use anyhow, I thought I'd have a bit of work done on some other accuracy mods while its away.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Not knowing how many rounds constitutes your group; those results are normal. If you can hover around 1.2 MOA(heck anything under 1.5...), a person can get a lot done at distance with that.

Sponsored Links