HK 91 to G3K
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ccosby

Thread: HK 91 to G3K

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default HK 91 to G3K

I've got a HK 91 that I love and is a fantastic shooter. Every time I see a photo of a G3K I start thinking that I want to convert my 91 to a G3K. I just love the look of that shorter barrel and the idea of it being slightly more compact really appeals to me. Have any of you made this conversion? If so would you recommend it/advise against it?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Sorry I did not read correctly, That would be awesome

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Don't cut up a HK91 for that use.

Buy this and be done with it.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/820059111

or this if you really want a SBR.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/818582562
    Lighting the Darkness

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

If you have it converted there are 2 basic ways people do it. One is to cut down the original barrel to length. Upside is its a HK barrel. Downside is rifling is not optimal twist for the length, other is to use a RCM G3K barrel (or try to find an actual HK G3K barrel which would be pricey and next to impossible to find.

If you register your rifle as an SBR you can use a regular flash hider otherwise you need a 4 inch flash hider permanently attached to your 12.5 inch barrel.

I used the RCM Barrel with an IGF 4" 4 Prong flash flash hider. They look nice. You might want to start hunting the 93 length forearm you will need.

Its your rifle, if you buy the clone or the converted rifle then you can choose which one you would rather play with. I love both my full length and G3K. GOOD LUCK

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I say go nuts. Personally I'd send it to TSC Machine and have them convert it for you.

Mine is a fleming conversion that was married to a sear that someone installed a 21 barrel into at some point. Owner thought Mike at TSC did it but Mike said it was done when the gun went to him to be checked over and have the sear moved to an ambi burst pack(old owner had a bunch of guns that tsc fixed up for him over the years). TSC did go back through the gun and pack when I bought it. Its a bit of a beast in full auto. Overall a very fun gun to screw around with.
    GuntherRommel likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ccosby View Post
    I say go nuts. Personally I'd send it to TSC Machine and have them convert it for you.

Mine is a fleming conversion that was married to a sear that someone installed a 21 barrel into at some point. Owner thought Mike at TSC did it but Mike said it was done when the gun went to him to be checked over and have the sear moved to an ambi burst pack(old owner had a bunch of guns that tsc fixed up for him over the years). TSC did go back through the gun and pack when I bought it. Its a bit of a beast in full auto. Overall a very fun gun to screw around with.
    How do you like your KAC RAS?

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I like it, you have a place to put a front grip to have a better hold on the gun. Downside is that I don't have the bipod anymore but you could always put one on the rail if you really wanted.

Sponsored Links