USC 922r

Thread: USC 922r

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default USC 922r

I hope I am asking my question in a way that someone will be willing to help...

I’m not doing a UMP conversion. I'm adding to my USC a HERA FSC Gen 2 USC buttstock conversion kit (https://www.hera-usa.com/kopie-von-bck). This includes a buttstock conversion adapter (03.01), one HERA 20 round magazine .45ACP (06.01), one HERA top rail kit (07.03.01), one HERA side and bottom rail kit (07.03.03). This kit utilizes the factory USC lower (I plan to use the HERA 20 round magazine). I also plan to add a US made folding buttstock, trigger and sear.

I believe what I'm planning to do will result in a 922r complaint build. Can anyone identify any problems in my parts count below (gray text line items, not applicable to USC and red text line items planned US replacement parts):

(1) Frames, receivers, receiver castings, forgings or stampings
    (2) Barrels
    (3) Barrel extensions
    (4) Mounting blocks (trunnions)
    (5) Muzzle attachments

(6) Bolts
    (7) Bolt carriers
    (8) Operating rods
    (9) Gas pistons

(10) Trigger housings
    (11) Triggers (https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Flat...-177p18625.htm)
    (12) Hammers
    (13) Sears (https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Sear...SA-12p1847.htm)
    (14) Disconnectors
    (15) Buttstocks (https://www.bushmaster.com/shop/ACR-...-Black/p/92987)
    (16) Pistol grips
    (17) Forearms, handguards
    (18) Magazine bodies
    (19) Followers
    (20) Floorplates

Any input is welcome. Thanks!

Premium Professional

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

That seat wouldn’t work with the trigger from HKParts on my build. Tommy said they wouldn’t work together. Sear might work if you keep factory trigger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ToyCop View Post
    That seat wouldn’t work with the trigger from HKParts on my build. Tommy said they wouldn’t work together. Sear might work if you keep factory trigger.
    Thank you. That’s a real bummer to hear.

Did you do UMP conversion?

Did you use the HK Parts sear with the factory trigger? If so, any feedback?

Do you have any non-magazine compliance part ideas/recommendations based on what you learned during your build that might work for my scenario?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Premium Professional

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I had TommyBuilt do my conversion. I did use the metal trigger from HKParts with the factory sear. I also used mag parts from HDPS for compliance. I considered a HDPS barrel, but ended up having my USC barrel cut down. Even if I went with US barrel I still would have needed one magazine part because of the sear/trigger issue. Wasn’t too happy that those two items wouldn't work together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ToyCop View Post
    I had TommyBuilt do my conversion. I did use the metal trigger from HKParts with the factory sear. I also used mag parts from HDPS for compliance. I considered a HDPS barrel, but ended up having my USC barrel cut down. Even if I went with US barrel I still would have needed one magazine part because of the sear/trigger issue. Wasn’t too happy that those two items wouldn't work together.
    I think I will most likely make the same decision and use the trigger, if the trigger and sear cannot work together. Thanks again TC - I hope you are enjoying your TommyBuilt.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I’ve got a US made hammer, and I believe I should have a sear as well. If you need any help with the lower, I’d be happy to install anything for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kyro View Post
    I’ve got a US made hammer, and I believe I should have a sear as well. If you need any help with the lower, I’d be happy to install anything for you.
    Thank you kyro. I appreciate the offer and having an option to help if I get stuck. I've made arrangements for someone local to help me install and test my US trigger and sear. Based on TC's feedback on the same parts I don't have high expectations for them to work together, but since I have the parts and someone to help me, it is worth the effort and learning experience. Do you mind sharing where you sourced a US made USC hammer?

Sponsored Links