MP5K
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MP5K

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default MP5K

Hi,

I'm new here... but a long way fan of HK.

My first contact with the brand, was with a VP9 3 years ago, replacing a Sig P229 9mm. Why I move to it? because the weight and trigger system. Oustanding.

Now I'm looking an USP 9mm... I hope to get it after make some savings...

Finally... I wold like some help with a MP5K, because after watch same pictures of others MP5, I'm not sure if this one is a clone... I would like to read same help, and if it isn't an original HK, any idea of it "version" would be great. What I'm sure is that it was made around 1977...

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MP5K-2019-07-14-20.18.32.jpg   MP5K-2019-07-14-20.18.41.jpg   MP5K-2019-07-14-20.18.49.jpg   MP5K-2019-07-14-20.11.13.jpg  

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Are you in the US? The color and the 'K' in 'Kal 9mm' suggest it's HK, but in the US the right side of the magazine well would be engraved. I'm sure you know this already, but that looks like a machine gun receiver.

Look for a stamping that looks like an antler. Also, look at the barrel for markings.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Hi Eodinert... thanks for your help.

I couldn't find any other mark on the magazine well... or any other area of the receiver, except the serial number (just four numbers - no pre-digits).

I'll try to get some pics of the barrel.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

The right side of the magwell as mentioned is missing the normal engraving indicating who the importer is along with city and state.
    Serial number engraved on top of the receiver is usually accompanied by a Hk nomenclature expressing the date the weapon was made.

Since the weapon is obviously a full auto push pin receiver with no mag block there should be NFA paperwork for the weapon. You did not
    mention there being any? If it were me I would want to see it. Frankly, I probably would walk away from this as it does not appear "kosher".

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

99.9% sure he isn't in the USA.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HkCHUCK View Post
    The right side of the magwell as mentioned is missing the normal engraving indicating who the importer is along with city and state.
    Serial number engraved on top of the receiver is usually accompanied by a Hk nomenclature expressing the date the weapon was made.

Since the weapon is obviously a full auto push pin receiver with no mag block there should be NFA paperwork for the weapon. You did not
    mention there being any? If it were me I would want to see it. Frankly, I probably would walk away from this as it does not appear "kosher".
    He's not in the states.....not with that banged up English, and the extra hole that we all wish we had
    OH....and lacking the markings on the mag well. I'm guessing....guessing.....hmmmmm Europe???? @jlas what say you???? Where you be???
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad4065 View Post
    He's not in the states.....not with that banged up English
    Clearly you've never spent much time in New York.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad4065 View Post
    and the extra hole that we all wish we had
    That clinches it though.
    Own: HK91, SR9, SP5k, G36k, HK416, P30L, 2x P8, 2x P8A1, USP9
    Future: Done, until HK comes out with something new & nifty. Might start building an FNH collection.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Agreed on not in the states. The pics are coming up distorted on my iPad, but from what I can see, it does at least look HK factory, but the blank right side mag well bothers me. Not expecting anything fancy, but based on the “kal” and the serial number I would think at least “Made in W. Germany” should be somewhere?
    Rollerlocks....

*Locked out of my original AKR account...

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)

My location guess is Germany or Switzerland--- so no markings on the right receiver!!!
    The serial numbers on the very, early MP5K's (early 1970's) were 5-digit, followed by 4-digit--- also, caliber markings and blue-gray finish are correct.
    The bolt head is HJ (79), with the "B" inside the circle, which seems to indicate a former LE/MIL weapon.
    PM to you, once you have 5 posts.

Tony
    Last edited by AGG; 07-30-2019 at 01:11 PM.

Premium Professional

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

You guys are good at picking up the little details. I’m going to go with Switzerland since it looks like OP is wearing a Omega Seamaster based on the bracelet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links