Hk sr9 scope question
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hk sr9 scope question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Hk sr9 scope question

Hi all. I've had an HK SR9 (thumbhole stock) for several years in my safe and have finally decided to start shooting it.

I shoot in a local rifle club with targets at 500 & 800 yards. Q: Is there a period-correct HK/German optic that was issued with these rifles that I can use?
    I'm finding plenty of after market and even original claw mounts, but with much lower power scopes.

If you were me, how would you go about addressing optics without compromising the originality of the rifle?

Should I start with this mount, and then look for an optic? https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-G...e-118p2387.htm

Thanks very much in advance for your feedback.

-NMCollektor

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nmcollektor View Post
    Hi all. I've had an HK SR9 (thumbhole stock) for several years in my safe and have finally decided to start shooting it.

I shoot in a local rifle club with targets at 500 & 800 yards. Q: Is there a period-correct HK/German optic that was issued with these rifles that I can use?
    I'm finding plenty of after market and even original claw mounts, but with much lower power scopes.

If you were me, how would you go about addressing optics without compromising the originality of the rifle?

Should I start with this mount, and then look for an optic? https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-G...e-118p2387.htm

Thanks very much in advance for your feedback.

-NMCollektor
    If you are talking about the SR9 configuration, then there was never a scope “issued” with it. There are a variety of scopes from that early 90’s era, and several scopes that came on HK’s sniper variants. I would start with the optics and work back to the mount. Mostly, the German optics will have 30mm tubes. Just watch out that your objective lense is not too large or you will have difficulty with both fit and being able to cock the rifle.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Nah on that one. Get the 30mm ring mount, and buy a S&B, Zeiss, or Hensoldt variable to fit.

Be aware you will need one with a 2-1/2" eye relief. Any longer and you'll be miserable. 'Tain't easy to find.

You did say period correct. Let some 'practical' member try and talk you into a cheese-grater rail something.

DDG
    I fix the radar you'all try to stay under...

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the info guys. I really appreciate it - especially the tip on the eye relief.

If anyone here has a period scope for sale, please reach out to me.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I have a Hendsolt z24 for sale if ur interested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tunatales View Post
    I have a Hendsolt z24 for sale if ur interested.
    Thank you! Can you please email me at [email protected] so I can ask a few questions about it?

Best - MP

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SudS View Post
    Just watch out that your objective lense is not too large or you will have difficulty with both fit and being able to cock the rifle.
    For what its worth, the Hensoldt ZF 56mm series is able to clear the cocking handle on HK roller locks. AFAIK, no other 56mm scope would work very well.
    The Hensoldt ZF is the shortest length 56mm scope available.
    Own: HK91, SR9, SP5k, G36k, HK416, P30L, 2x P8, 2x P8A1, USP9
    Future: Done, until HK comes out with something new & nifty. Might start building an FNH collection.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sickness View Post
    For what its worth, the Hensoldt ZF 56mm series is able to clear the cocking handle on HK roller locks. AFAIK, no other 56mm scope would work very well.
    The Hensoldt ZF is the shortest length 56mm scope available.
    Very nice suggestion. Out of my price range, unfortunately though.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nmcollektor View Post
    Very nice suggestion. Out of my price range, unfortunately though.
    Which one did you look at? The prices vary widely, depending on the model. The 3.5-26mm is very expensive .. north of $7k.
    The 4-16x models can be had for $2500 to $3500, depending on reticle type, FFP / SFP, etc. Granted, that is still pricey.

Absolutely stunning, excellent glass though. It has spoiled me to nearly everything else. A few buddies have S&B which are fine. But a lot of scopes I used to like, from US Optics, and Nightforce, now just bother me due to "lack" of clarity. Really its just that the Hensoldt is so clear, that my aging eyes really notice the difference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was looking at the 4x16x models. Not unreasonable for what you get, but not great timing for me to spend at the moment.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links