Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Some recent HK433 photos

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tspeis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BarnOwlLover View Post
    I don't know if it's because of being a practice/blank firing/simunition bolt, but the bolt lugs do look more rounded. The theory behind the rounded bolt lugs is that they're more durable because of redistributed stresses on the lugs and the barrel extension.

And as I mentioned, it also looks like the gas system is different compared to the patent images found elsewhere on this site. Those images show a FN SCAR-like system with a M1/M2 Carbine like tappet piston and an operating rod integral to the bolt carrier. The image from the brochure seems to show that HK have reverted back to a G36/SA80/416 series push rod system.

I've also wondered how the 433 field strips (probably similar to the XM8, but with captive pins that are held captive in the lower like a 416/AR-15). If you have any more interesting images, feel free to post them unless you might get in trouble for copyright infringement.
    The op-rod inserts into the front end of the bolt carrier and is secured by a cross pin. This leads me to believe different length op rods can be used with the same bolt carrier within different caliber variants.

Tspeis
    Almost like an AK design but reversed. It’s tied to the bolt not the piston. I wander what advantage they found from connecting it. I guess we would need to see full exploded diagram to understand it.

Recent TFB article on 443/bundeswehr picking new rifle.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...assault-rifle/
    Last edited by RegularGuy461969; 10-16-2019 at 11:37 PM.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn’t mean they're not after you!"

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Or like the FN SCAR, but with a detachable op rod instead of a fixed one. So the gas system hasn't changed much aside from that detail since 2017?

HKPro Professional

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here's a patent document published 09/12/2019. It's in German, but the page allows it to be translated to English. You can see some of the changes in the gas system and how the op-rod interfaces with the bolt carrier. Interesting that the rod appears to be squared in some of the images.

https://worldwide.espacenet.com/publ...&locale=en_EP#

Tspeis

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)

I cannot wait for the HK433 S to be released!!!

Tony
    LCSO264 likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What’s the 433 s?
    Will we get a civilian version that tommybuilt can convert for us?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The Hk433 S is just Tony's imaginary model designation for the civilian semi auto rifle Hk will never import.

Canada has a better chance of seeing a semi auto 433 than those of us in the USA.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Well, between NFA BS and the German Armed Forces (should they adopt it) taking priority as far as orders, the chances of seeing the HK433 aside from demo pieces in North America are fairly slim, even if HK and the German Gov't allow 433s to be sold here and no more major gun control BS gets passed in the next few years. Of course if HK USA can build them for the NA market, that might help, but I don't see that happening yet, either, any time very soon.

Which is a shame, because the 433 is HK's answer to the FN SCAR and the ACR, and does quite a few things better IMO. Not to mention the calibers rumored (.300 Blackout, 7.62x39mm, and an up-gunned version in 7.62x51mm NATO/.308 Winchester possibly stuff like 6.5mm Creedmoor and similar). Be it armed forces/LE or commercial, competition does improve the breed.

I'd like to see or read more info on the 433's development. Namely is HK really going with a dedicated .30 cal receiver for .308 and similar calibers? After all, that hinge point on the lower seems to be pretty far ahead of the mag well for it to just be a 5.56mm or similar caliber rifle. And FN does use a common receiver for the SCAR.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Maybe we will get an update from HK during this year’s Shotshow?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What’s up with the round counter inside of it? Does anyone have any information on how it works and what it looks like?

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I like how it has elements of the 416 (AR), G36, and XM8.

However, like the XM8, I do not believe this weapon has ever entered production. I think it's life thus far only consists of mock-ups and likely some functioning prototypes. It wouldn't make sense to produce them until someone buys piles for their military or government agency.

So with that being said, I'm sure we will not be seeing an American civilian version anytime soon, or ever. (I'm betting on the latter, unfortunately) We don't even have a proper German G36 in the US. (Yes, I know US import German export blah blah) Europe and Canada will see this before America ever will as they do now with nice semi auto 416s as MR223s and G36s as HK243s.
    LCSO264 likes this.
    Hidden Content
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links