Importing MKE/Zenith Firearms

Thread: Importing MKE/Zenith Firearms

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Importing MKE/Zenith Firearms

When I got up the morning and checked the news, I saw Turkey had started to hit Syrian targets in what some call an invasion. Later in the day the news had changed to Trump saying it was a "Bad Idea". Not getting into politics but any idea what this means for future shipments of MKE/Zenith firearms? Also what is the going rate of a Z5RS, I haven't really checked lately but with everything going on, I may look into getting another one.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

I thought that Trump was for Turkey "annexing" northern Syria!!!
    Personally, I could not care less if Zenith imports any more arms to the U.S. in the future.

Tony
    Last edited by AGG; 10-10-2019 at 01:49 PM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

It is an invasion. Trump doesn’t care, he’s just criticizing it to deflect the widespread criticism he received for allowing it in the first place. Give it a week, nobody will care. Safe s*** different year.

If you’re suggesting this is a reason to run out and panic buy a Zenith I would say no. Plenty of reasons to buy one in general though.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...rkey-sanctions

At the moment, the proposed sanctions against Turkey wouldn't seem to affect any deals between Zenith and MKE.

But of course, if sanctions are implemented, and Turkey refuses to comply -- another round to tighten things up further and might affect MKE's dealings in the US in some way.

Personally, having seen some Zeniths and closely inspected them, I wasn't impressed. A friend who was with me at the gunshow, and has very little firearms experience immediately commented that they seemed more cheaply made than my HKs.

At $1200? I'd probably own a pair. But the ask is typically $1700 or so. Once I get above $1500 for a new firearm, my expectations and requirements start escalating quickly. $1700 for a gun that a newbie looks at and immediately thinks is cheaply made, is a non-starter for me.
    Own: HK91, SR9, SP5k, G36k, HK416, P30L, 2x P8, 2x P8A1, USP9
    Future: Done, until HK comes out with something new & nifty. Might start building an FNH collection.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Turkey and Trump most definitely have their problems. I was concerned about the importing of any more MKE guns due to the over 1 1/2 year drought of MP5 clones. I was so happy when the second batch of Z5RS arrived earlier this year. I bought mine directly from Zenith and really could not be more pleased with this clone. I don't have an HK to compare it to, but do own a BW5FS to use in comparison.

I do hope that Zenith will be able to get some more of the MKE guns in to sell. Even though I really don't "need" any more, I guess "need" has nothing to do in the whole scheme of things, and might have to pony up again.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Gee, Tony, if you could care less, you should.

If you couldn't, well, that's another matter. :-)

DG
    I fix the radar you'all try to stay under...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    I thought that Trump was for Turkey "annexing" northern Syria!!!
    Personally, I could care less if Zenith exports any more arms to the U.S. in the future.

Tony
    +1

I'll never own one, Zenith pricing is too high.

It also seems they simply can't get their act together in the U.S. Market.
    HDH.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Conelrad View Post
    Gee, Tony, if you could care less, you should.

If you couldn't, well, that's another matter. :-)

DG
    DG,

You are correct--- fixed it!!!

Tony

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Can't believe people are arguing against more options. I'm more likely to buy a PTR, but more options are better.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Back in 2015 when I got my Z5RS the only other new MP5 clone was the PF (out of stock everywhere). I didn't want to spend a ton for the other options. 4 years later with over 5k rounds, I can say I am happy with it. It would be nice to see Zenith make these guns in the States. Maybe one day.

Sponsored Links