G36 Carry Handle on SL8 Front Screw Doesn’t Fit - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: G36 Carry Handle on SL8 Front Screw Doesn’t Fit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bspring1 View Post
    www.rksusa.net/category-s/167.htm has what you need.
    Bill
    triggerwork.net
    So I ordered the “longer screw” from RKS and guess what? It still doesn’t fit. Even tried taking the mounting washers off the screws and putting the screw on without them. Still comes up short. Which is extremely disappointing after spending $5 on the screw and $7.90 on shipping for it. The screw is longer than the rear ones but still not long enough. Wonder if it’s even a real HK screw or some cheap knock off sh*t (which would be fine if it it fit, but it doesn’t).

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tailflash View Post
    The front screw is longer on the G36 single/dual optic rail:

987143 SCREW, LONG, SIGHT HANDLE
    G36 Carry Handle on SL8 Front Screw Doesn’t Fit-optic-screws1.jpg G36 Carry Handle on SL8 Front Screw Doesn’t Fit-optic-screws.jpg

I'd bet that you received P/N 988428 screw; these are slightly longer than the 'short' 986785 screw, but shorter than the longer front screw P/N 987143 (as shown above). The medium length screw is used exclusively on the SL8 optic rail to secure the front and rear sights; they are also used on the 3x optic that goes on a M1913 Picatinny Rail.

Short Screw 986785
    Medium Screw 988428
    Long Screw 987143
    Last edited by Tailflash; 10-17-2019 at 01:02 AM.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

The OAL of the screw you seek is 38mm.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nzfly View Post
    Pretty sure there isn’t a separate part number for them.
    They are German. There is a separate part number for them.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eodinert View Post
    They are German. There is a separate part number for them.
    That was in reference to the rail section on some carry handle optics. The part number is probably the number for the entire housing that came with the rail installed from Hensoldt. I have never seen the rail available separately. They aren’t just rails, in that the bottom is contoured to match the optic housing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The front screw is longer on the G36 single/dual optic rail:

987143 SCREW, LONG, SIGHT HANDLE
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Optic Screws1.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	243676 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Optic Screws.JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	112.1 KB 
ID:	243678

I'd bet that you received P/N 988428 screw; these are slightly longer than the 'short' 986785 screw, but shorter than the longer front screw P/N 987143 (as shown above). The medium length screw is used exclusively on the SL8 optic rail to secure the front and rear sights; they are also used on the 3x optic that goes on a M1913 Picatinny Rail.

Short Screw 986785
    Medium Screw 988428
    Long Screw 987143
    Well ain’t that some crap. Emailed RKS with the issue at hand, see what they say tomorrow I guess.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

It's unfortunate how quickly G36 parts dried up. Good luck in your quest, OP. I'm sure you will find one in time.
    Hidden Content
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I have a spare aftermarket front mounting screw thats a little long, it has an allan head instead of a phillips drive. It does have the right thread pitch, I can send your one to get you by. Cut to length, cold blue the bare metal..good to go. Contact me if your interested.
    Bill
    triggerwork.net

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So RKS has great customer service - NOT!

Basically told me jm the only one with the problem and to check my washers to make sure they are authentic. I emailed them back and explained to them (again cause I guess they missed it the first time) a) that the washers are authentic because they are being used from an SL8 and b) the washers aren’t the issues because the screw doesn’t fit without them anyway. It’s just short plain and simple. Asked them if it could be one of the SKUs for one of the screws.

No response at all. Apparently they give zero f***s. Great customer service RKS - truly stellar.

Anyway, so now I’m still in search of this screw if anyone has any other leads are comes across one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BadLew View Post
    So RKS has great customer service - NOT!

Basically told me jm the only one with the problem and to check my washers to make sure they are authentic. I emailed them back and explained to them (again cause I guess they missed it the first time) a) that the washers are authentic because they are being used from an SL8 and b) the washers aren’t the issues because the screw doesn’t fit without them anyway. It’s just short plain and simple. Asked them if it could be one of the SKUs for one of the screws.

No response at all. Apparently they give zero f***s. Great customer service RKS - truly stellar.

Anyway, so now I’m still in search of this screw if anyone has any other leads are comes across one.
    I've tried ordering twice from RKSUSA. Both times, I went months with no updates until I eventually canceled both orders. Both times they would respond to my emails but nothing ever got done until I asked for a refund.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links