G36 Bolt Head Using SL8 Bolt Head Parts
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: G36 Bolt Head Using SL8 Bolt Head Parts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default G36 Bolt Head Using SL8 Bolt Head Parts

Can you use the pieces from an SL8 bolt head to complete an incomplete G36 bolt head? Does anyone have any information on how to take the bolt head apart and reassemble if you can?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BadLew View Post
    Can you use the pieces from an SL8 bolt head to complete an incomplete G36 bolt head? Does anyone have any information on how to take the bolt head apart and reassemble if you can?
    Assembly/Disassembly instructions for the G36 bolt head can be found in the G36 Maintenance Manual on page 2-19.
    You can get a PDF copy of the manual here: Heckler and Koch Firearm Manuals

I don't believe there would be any issues using SL8 components on a stripped G36 bolt.
    Blacktoy likes this.
    Own: HK91, SR9, SP5k, G36k, HK416, P30L, 2x P8, 2x P8A1, USP9, USP9 FDE
    Future: Done, until HK comes out with something new & nifty. Might start building an FNH collection.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

You can reuse it all except the extractor axle will likely get ruined during disassembly.

Replacing the ejector and spring requires a 'tool' that compresses the spring but allows the axle through. You can make one from a punch.

I posted an armorer's manual, has a good bit of info. I'll try to find the link
    Thanks @sickness
    Pg 50
    http://s3.amazonaws.com/hk-manuals/f...nce_Manual.pdf
    Last edited by kbinmt; 10-16-2019 at 06:08 PM.
    sickness likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

If your unit has been converted accept a double magazine, you will need the G36 bolt head as well.
    Bill
    triggerwork.net

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kbinmt View Post
    You can reuse it all except the extractor axle will likely get ruined during disassembly.

Replacing the ejector and spring requires a 'tool' that compresses the spring but allows the axle through. You can make one from a punch.

I posted an armorer's manual, has a good bit of info. I'll try to find the link
    Thanks @sickness
    Pg 50
    http://s3.amazonaws.com/hk-manuals/f...nce_Manual.pdf
    So if I use this “tool/punch” the extractor axle will still get ruined? Or it should be ok?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bspring1 View Post
    If your unit has been converted accept a double magazine, you will need the G36 bolt head as well.
    Bill
    triggerwork.net
    Right that’s why I was going to buy an incomplete g36 bolt head and then reuse the parts from the SL8 bolt head.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Right that’s why I was going to buy an incomplete g36 bolt head and then reuse the parts from the SL8 bolt head.
    If, like the rest of us, you have trouble sourcing a G36 bolt you could consider having the SL8 bolt welded/rehardened.

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-long-...ble-stack.html

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

So if I use this “tool/punch” the extractor axle will still get ruined? Or it should be ok?
    Tool is for ejector/spring roll pin.

Extractor axle is 'peened' and needs to be driven out. I've never had one reusable

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

If, like the rest of us, you have trouble sourcing a G36 bolt you could consider having the SL8 bolt welded/rehardened.

@kbinmt has it right .. G36 bolts are wicked expensive. Wish I had the foresight to scoop up handfuls of them years back before the T36 receivers came out and dried up the G36 parts.

I've never had a rewelded SL8 bolt, but I know a pair of dudes who run them hard and haven't seen an issue. In fact, I've occasionally scouted for SL8 bolts to have converted, just so I can take my now-crazy-precious G36 bolt out, wrap it in padding and gold foil, and stick it away for a few years.

Seems like a great option, especially if you're already sitting on a SL8 bolt.

But -- I get it. Sometimes things need to be "just so" -- if round-about $600 for a real-deal G36 bolt is what you want, well.. nothing else will do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sickness View Post

@kbinmt has it right .. G36 bolts are wicked expensive. Wish I had the foresight to scoop up handfuls of them years back before the T36 receivers came out and dried up the G36 parts.

I've never had a rewelded SL8 bolt, but I know a pair of dudes who run them hard and haven't seen an issue. In fact, I've occasionally scouted for SL8 bolts to have converted, just so I can take my now-crazy-precious G36 bolt out, wrap it in padding and gold foil, and stick it away for a few years.

Seems like a great option, especially if you're already sitting on a SL8 bolt.

But -- I get it. Sometimes things need to be "just so" -- if round-about $600 for a real-deal G36 bolt is what you want, well.. nothing else will do.
    Well I was going to buy an incomplete US made one off hkparts and then complete it with this SL8 bolt head that I have so I could send everything in to TB for conversion. But it sounds like this is actually a better option if he can re-weld this SL8 bolt why bother with something else?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links