"USA Made" G36 Mags Shenanigans - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: "USA Made" G36 Mags Shenanigans

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'll sell you my 20K G36 magazine molds for 2K if you are interested.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Thats funny. Someone bought 1
    Last edited by GuntherRommel; 11-03-2019 at 10:05 PM.

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

OK so now that your a member and your among fellow HK enthusiasts share a picture of your production equipment. I would find it interesting.
    UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS 0311/8152 - TX AIR GUARD SECURITY FORCES CATM
    Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matternator View Post
    Why would I buy a $35 - $40 Hk magazine, stamp it, them sell on GB for $35 with free shipping? You are thinking too much. It's a range mag, done convincingly it appears, for the fun of it. Holy cow, this is my first post on HkPro. Sweet.
    Because you didn’t buy a $35-$40 HK mag? Bostic has them for like $25 all day long. There are plenty of trade ins that can beat that price down too.

Why would you go to the trouble of making USA mags only to include “Made In Germany”? Doesn’t that kinda defeat the purpose?

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

When I was younger, I used play doh and children's glue to make a copy of Han Solo's blaster from the current action figure line at the time. It didn't go very well.
    Matternator likes this.
    Hidden Content
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Here are some actual USA made G36 mags

Matternator and Brad4065 like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 part high temperature silicone mold with one injection hole and one venting hole. A real pain in the ass to make. A stabilizing bracket holds them together in the proper orientation and it all goes into a pressurized chamber in an oven (just a modified pressure pot and an oven). I'm using a glass reinforced urethane polymer which can be injected without having to heat at high temperature like nylon. Nylon is thermal setting so there would be considerable dimensional change and molds would have to be slightly larger to account for this or they would be out of spec. Glass reinforced urethane polymer has very little dimensional change and the high temperature and pressure in the oven only makes for a stronger casting. Plenty adequate for a 922(r) compliant range magazine.
    "USA Made" G36 Mags Shenanigans-img_5127.jpg"USA Made" G36 Mags Shenanigans-img_5129.jpg"USA Made" G36 Mags Shenanigans-img_5133.jpg
    GuntherRommel and Tailflash like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sure, printing USA made G36 magazines would be easier, but without the gigantic mess to clean up and all the cursing, yelling, and throwing stuff, I just don't see the point.
    GregAB likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

LOL! Been there done that!
    Sure, printing USA made G36 magazines would be easier, but without the gigantic mess to clean up and all the cursing, yelling, and throwing stuff, I just don't see the point.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

3 part high temperature silicone mold with one injection hole and one venting hole. A real pain in the ass to make. A stabilizing bracket holds them together in the proper orientation and it all goes into a pressurized chamber in an oven (just a modified pressure pot and an oven). I'm using a glass reinforced urethane polymer which can be injected without having to heat at high temperature like nylon. Nylon is thermal setting so there would be considerable dimensional change and molds would have to be slightly larger to account for this or they would be out of spec. Glass reinforced urethane polymer has very little dimensional change and the high temperature and pressure in the oven only makes for a stronger casting. Plenty adequate for a 922(r) compliant range magazine.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5127.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	244978Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5129.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	921.8 KB 
ID:	244980Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5133.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	244982
    1. That is not an injection mold. That is a silicone mold. There isn’t remotely 20k there. The castings that would generate are not even remotely the strengths necessary to have a functional mag.

2. If you went to the trouble of casting a mag body, then why didn’t you sand off the Made in Germany so there would be no doubt as to origin?

3. I am guessing floor plates and base plates were successful, but if you drop a loaded mag the floor plate will crack. I doubt the mag bodies were successful.

Look, I can make silicone molds too, but they are not going to result in castings with the color and opacity of the factory mags. Sorry, but I just don’t buy it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links