"USA Made" G36 Mags Shenanigans
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: "USA Made" G36 Mags Shenanigans

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Default "USA Made" G36 Mags Shenanigans

I think this is BS (https://www.gunbroker.com/item/838680232). The seller claims to have reproduced factory injection molded G36 mags. You will see in the pictures they are marked as being US made, however the markings are all indented. I would bet money a stamp was simply heated and they pressed the US markings into factory mags. I have actually drawn and printed G36 mags, so I am not exactly a spring chicken on the topic.

There is simply no way they got everything else so perfect, only to have such crappy US markings. The seller would have us believe they were able to match the factory LEO restriction font, which protrudes upwards from the mag body, and yet they have US markings which look completely unprofessional. I think the floorplate is my favorite one.

The seller says this in the description:
    "Last ones I am making for awhile. 100% USA made, injection molded, impact resistant polymer, Hk G36 30 round magazine (Three 922r compliance parts/magazine body, follower, and floor plate). The magazine spring is USA made stainless steel. This is an exact replica which is difficult to tell from a factory Hk magazine. Tested for 100% function, last round bolt hold open, and will interlock with other Hk magazine interlocking lugs. If using PayPal send as Gift/F&F or add 3% to cover fees. Do not buy this if it is not allowed in your state. I will ship for free. Thank you for your interest."

Injection molds are crazy expensive, no one is going to show up selling a dozen mags after investing more than 20k on the molds to make the three mag parts. This is my public service announcement for the day.

GuntherRommel and Brad4065 like this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I like the A in the floorplate. Reminds me of my, "Learn the Alphabet" ABC book in kindergarten.
    IsaacL likes this.

Supporting Vendor

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

I like how it says "made in Germany" "HK Inc. Sterling ,VA" on the body.
    LMAO!
    MM
    GuntherRommel and Nzfly like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I don’t know why anybody would be mad about this it seems like a brilliant way to comply with 922R
    Matternator likes this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)

Its probably enough for ATF to go, "ok, looks good."

Merchant of Death (Admin)
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Right...

Wondering what happened to your posts???
    Please take a moment to re-read the terms that
    you agreed to
    when you signed up:
    Hidden Content .

Help bring sense to the NFA world, join Hidden Content .

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nzfly View Post
    I think this is BS (https://www.gunbroker.com/item/838680232). The seller claims to have reproduced factory injection molded G36 mags. You will see in the pictures they are marked as being US made, however the markings are all indented. I would bet money a stamp was simply heated and they pressed the US markings into factory mags. I have actually drawn and printed G36 mags, so I am not exactly a spring chicken on the topic.

There is simply no way they got everything else so perfect, only to have such crappy US markings. The seller would have us believe they were able to match the factory LEO restriction font, which protrudes upwards from the mag body, and yet they have US markings which look completely unprofessional. I think the floorplate is my favorite one.

The seller says this in the description:
    "Last ones I am making for awhile. 100% USA made, injection molded, impact resistant polymer, Hk G36 30 round magazine (Three 922r compliance parts/magazine body, follower, and floor plate). The magazine spring is USA made stainless steel. This is an exact replica which is difficult to tell from a factory Hk magazine. Tested for 100% function, last round bolt hold open, and will interlock with other Hk magazine interlocking lugs. If using PayPal send as Gift/F&F or add 3% to cover fees. Do not buy this if it is not allowed in your state. I will ship for free. Thank you for your interest."

Injection molds are crazy expensive, no one is going to show up selling a dozen mags after investing more than 20k on the molds to make the three mag parts. This is my public service announcement for the day.

Hey.....are you like, a spring chicken or somethin????

Agree 100%....he's clearly stamping his own sh$t…..got to love the "A" on that....LOL....great find though.

So FYI.....steer clear.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

I’m a fall cock evidently.
    Brad4065 likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nzfly View Post
    I’m a fall cock evidently.