MP5K PDW Question about the pin that pins the front sight tower to the barrel - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: MP5K PDW Question about the pin that pins the front sight tower to the barrel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GPSIG View Post
    When I made my SP89 into a k gun I had this same conversation with Mike at TSC Machine. He confirmed he has seen both the sling loop and no loop on factory guns. So I got to pick which one I wanted (I added the loop).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Why did you unpin the front sight tower?
    He who walks unarmed into paradise had better be sure that is where he is.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HollowPoint View Post
    Why did you unpin the front sight tower?
    Barrel change. I went no loop because I am keeping it a pistol. The SP5K handguard won't fit with the loop. If you are going to SBR I would recommend the loop.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bauerdb View Post
    Barrel change. I went no loop because I am keeping it a pistol. The SP5K handguard won't fit with the loop. If you are going to SBR I would recommend the loop.
    Forgive my ignorance but what is the difference between an SP5K barrel and an MP5K barrel?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HollowPoint View Post
    Forgive my ignorance but what is the difference between an SP5K barrel and an MP5K barrel?
    Nothing, but an MP5k(or SP89) PDW has a longer threaded three lug barrel.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Correction to my original post. Strange thing I hadn’t noticed before. When I said the two guns sent to HK for the PDW barrel swap didn’t have sling loops, I was wrong. These guns were sent in together, in the same box. Just noticed one has a sling loop, one does not. Guess they were just pulling parts randomly, I had absolutely no communication with them at the time regarding the loop.

Quote Originally Posted by SudS View Post
    I can’t answer your question about the pin being the same or not, however I can say that HK put the loop on some PDWs and not others. Someone posted here a few years ago that gave an explanation (that I have since forgotten) what determined which got the loop. It was something like, guns going to certain LEO groups got the loop, others did not, but that’s not quite correct. I can tell you, I have a PDW barrel that came from an LEO gun with the loop, but two other PDW barrels from HK’s barrel swap that do not.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links