MP5K PDW Question about the pin that pins the front sight tower to the barrel
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MP5K PDW Question about the pin that pins the front sight tower to the barrel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default MP5K PDW Question about the pin that pins the front sight tower to the barrel

This is my second attempt at the same question. I did not word my question well enough the first time.

On all MP5s, the front sight tower is pinned to the barrel. On the full sized MP5s, that pin that pins the front sight tower to the barrel has a loop in it for a sling to be attached. My question is... On the MP5K PDW, is the front sight tower pinned to the barrel using the same pin as the full size MP5 or does it use a different pin? I have seen pictures of PDWs with and without the sling loop in the front sight tower pin. Which is correct?

Thank you for any and all help.
    He who walks unarmed into paradise had better be sure that is where he is.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

I can’t answer your question about the pin being the same or not, however I can say that HK put the loop on some PDWs and not others. Someone posted here a few years ago that gave an explanation (that I have since forgotten) what determined which got the loop. It was something like, guns going to certain LEO groups got the loop, others did not, but that’s not quite correct. I can tell you, I have a PDW barrel that came from an LEO gun with the loop, but two other PDW barrels from HK’s barrel swap that do not.

Quote Originally Posted by HollowPoint View Post
    This is my second attempt at the same question. I did not word my question well enough the first time.

On all MP5s, the front sight tower is pinned to the barrel. On the full sized MP5s, that pin that pins the front sight tower to the barrel has a loop in it for a sling to be attached. My question is... On the MP5K PDW, is the front sight tower pinned to the barrel using the same pin as the full size MP5 or does it use a different pin? I have seen pictures of PDWs with and without the sling loop in the front sight tower pin. Which is correct?

Thank you for any and all help.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

SudS, I really appreciate you sir.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Like Suds mentioned both is correct. Current picture on HK USA shows no loop. https://hk-usa.com/hk-models/mp5k-pdw

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bauerdb View Post
    Like Suds mentioned both is correct. Current picture on HK USA shows no loop. https://hk-usa.com/hk-models/mp5k-pdw
    That is the very picture that inspired this thread. I’m building one and would prefer to put the loop on mine because I like the loop look better. But I’d rather mine be anatomically correct even if that conflicts with my preferences.

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

I asked that question and it’s been asked a few times. Best answer from the man himself: “Normally MP5K's, K-N's and SP89's did not have the front "eyelet" for sling mounting. There were some special orders of MP5K-N's ordered in the 1990's by HK Inc/Defense where the left side eyelets were added at the factory to be used for MP5K-PDW's. I recall less than 250. They were also added on occassion on special order at HK in the US. Most K's were used with the single point "K" sling. The ambi sling mounting pins from HK were popular accessories for K's turned into PDW's and the user wanted the 3-point sling option. The newer ambi front eyelet as seen on "F" (French) model MP5's were requested on all MP5's but not sure they ever made it onto the K models.” G3Kurz
    "...but just like every other clone, they are copies of the original and copies are never as good as the original."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Oicani, you are an extremely helpful person. I have tried every keyword I can think of to find that answer on the form but had no luck. I appreciate you sir.

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Thanks! I guess "The Librarian" title is fitting... also helps that I have a few of Jim's posts saved offline and that happend to be one of them. Reminds me that I need to keep saving his posts now that we're in danger of losing some of our history here.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

It's the same for the rear sight, castle vs. diopter. I think standard is castle, with diopter being optional. Here is a PDW pic from SHOT over 10 years ago...sling loop and castle rear sight.

MP5K PDW Question about the pin that pins the front sight tower to the barrel-032.jpg

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

When I made my SP89 into a k gun I had this same conversation with Mike at TSC Machine. He confirmed he has seen both the sling loop and no loop on factory guns. So I got to pick which one I wanted (I added the loop).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links